Martijn Visser created FLINK-40967:
--------------------------------------

             Summary: Restore test files of 
OVER_AGGREGATE_TIME_BOUNDED_NON_PARTITIONED_ROWS_WITH_OUT_OF_ORDER_RECORDS 
cannot be regenerated
                 Key: FLINK-40967
                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-40967
             Project: Flink
          Issue Type: Bug
          Components: Table SQL / Planner
            Reporter: Martijn Visser


Running OverAggregateRestoreTest#generateTestSetupFiles (with the @Disabled 
condition deactivated) for the program 
over-aggregate-bounded-non-partitioned-rows-with-out-of-order-records on master 
never reaches the stop-with-savepoint: the sink observer waits for the output 
to equal consumedBeforeRestore (18 rows), but the generator run emits 16 rows. 
It never emits +I[Hello, 53, ..., 15, 1, 1, 19] and +I[Hello, 99, ..., 15, 3, 
3, 31], and emits +I[Hello World, 100, ..., 7, 3, 3, 19] where the program 
lists +I[Hello World, 100, ..., 7, 1, 1, 7]. After five minutes it fails with 
"Sink did not produce the expected results". The committed version 1 files 
restore fine, only regeneration is broken, so the program's before-restore 
expectations no longer match what the generator setup (values source with 
runtime-source=NewSource and per-record watermarks) produces for the late rows. 
FLINK-40737 had to leave this program out of stream-exec-over-aggregate version 
2 for that reason.

Side effect worth fixing in RestoreTestBase: when one program times out, its 
job (terminating=false) keeps running, and every later program in the same JVM 
sees an empty sink and times out too, which made it look like seven programs 
were affected.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian Jira
(v8.20.10#820010)

Reply via email to