[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-9772?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13796575#comment-13796575
 ] 

Nicolas Liochon commented on HBASE-9772:
----------------------------------------

bq. I'm not a fan of putting even more into HConstants if it's only being used 
by the client. What's the thinking on that ?
There is no perfect solution I suppose. Personally, I would prefer to have them 
in HConstant, but I don't think there is a consensus on this.

  
  <property>
    <name>hbase.client.max.perregion.tasks</name>
    <value>1</value>
    <description>The maximum number of concurrent tasks that an HTable instance 
will send simultaneously on a single region when writing with autoflush set to 
false. That is, i if there is already hbase.client.max.perregion.tasks writes 
in progress for this region, new puts won't be sent to this regions until some 
writes finishes. </description>
  </property>

  <property>
    <name>hbase.client.max.perserver.tasks</name>
    <value>5</value>
    <description>The maximum number of concurrent tasks a single HTable 
instance will send on a single region server. </description>
  </property>

    <name>hbase.client.max.total.tasks</name>
    <value>100</value>
    <description>The maximum number of concurrent tasks a single HTable 
instance will send on the cluster.</description>
  </property>

> Normalize new client default values
> -----------------------------------
>
>                 Key: HBASE-9772
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-9772
>             Project: HBase
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>          Components: Client
>    Affects Versions: 0.98.0, 0.96.0
>            Reporter: Nick Dimiduk
>            Assignee: Nick Dimiduk
>            Priority: Minor
>         Attachments: HBASE-9772.00.patch
>
>
> The new AsyncProcess exposes a handful of configuration settings for 
> controlling the number and distribution of concurrent connections across 
> regionservers. Use default values consistently and bubble up their usage to 
> users.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.1#6144)

Reply via email to