[
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-10569?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13934521#comment-13934521
]
Jimmy Xiang commented on HBASE-10569:
-------------------------------------
Thanks for reviewing it.
bq. Make it symmetrical? s/getMetrics/getRegionServerMetrics/
Sure, will do it.
bq. Why expose these? Were they exposed before?
The reason is that HRegionServer doesn't implement the regionserver RPC
interface any more. To access the RPC functionalities directly, we need to
expose it. Before that, HRegionServer implements the RPC interface, so there is
no such issue.
bq. When I ask the master for its rpc engine, will it be the same as the
regionservers?
Yes, it is the same. Actually, here we are not trying to get the RPC engine.
We are just trying to get the RPC functions bypass the RPC.
bq. add it to the Server Interface?
Probably not apply. Perhaps the method name is confusing. I was meant to get
the RPC interface.
bq. Do you mean RpcServiceInterface or RpcServerInterface?
You are right, the RpcServerInterface.
bq. This was a bad idea in the first place? Or rather, it improved our
'usability' when a single Master only in that Master would 'come back to
life'....but if backup Masters, it was racing the backup Master? (IIRC).
I think it is a good idea. But we are going to move away from ZK for leader
selection. So I didn't fix this part.
> Co-locate meta and master
> -------------------------
>
> Key: HBASE-10569
> URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-10569
> Project: HBase
> Issue Type: Improvement
> Components: master, Region Assignment
> Reporter: Jimmy Xiang
> Assignee: Jimmy Xiang
> Attachments: hbase-10569_v1.patch
>
>
> I was thinking simplifying/improving the region assignments. The first step
> is to co-locate the meta and the master as many people agreed on HBASE-5487.
--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.2#6252)