[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-10569?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13961628#comment-13961628
 ] 

Lars Hofhansl commented on HBASE-10569:
---------------------------------------

I share the concern. Part of the benefit of splitting META is that we server 
portions of it in different RegionServers.
Also, seeing the other fallouts from this (eager assignment of Region to the 
master, moving META during a HMaster failover - which was lightweight 
before)... I am no longer sure that this is a good idea at all.


> Co-locate meta and master
> -------------------------
>
>                 Key: HBASE-10569
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-10569
>             Project: HBase
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>          Components: master, Region Assignment
>            Reporter: Jimmy Xiang
>            Assignee: Jimmy Xiang
>             Fix For: 0.99.0
>
>         Attachments: hbase-10569_v1.patch, hbase-10569_v2.patch, 
> hbase-10569_v3.1.patch, hbase-10569_v3.patch
>
>
> I was thinking simplifying/improving the region assignments. The first step 
> is to co-locate the meta and the master as many people agreed on HBASE-5487.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.2#6252)

Reply via email to