[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-16644?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=15505801#comment-15505801
 ] 

Mikhail Antonov commented on HBASE-16644:
-----------------------------------------

[~stack] So we looked closer at offending files and found that they had HFile 
version: major: 2, minor: 0 in them. (in HBASE-5074 we added notion of minor 
version and checksums in blocks). Seems like really old files that never got 
compacted away.

Looks like it's matter of format compatibility with old version.

> Errors when reading legit HFile' Trailer on branch 1.3
> ------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: HBASE-16644
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-16644
>             Project: HBase
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: HFile
>    Affects Versions: 1.3.0, 1.4.0
>            Reporter: Mikhail Antonov
>            Assignee: Mikhail Antonov
>            Priority: Critical
>             Fix For: 1.3.0
>
>         Attachments: HBASE-16644.branch-1.3.patch
>
>
> There seems to be a regression in branch 1.3 where we can't read HFile 
> trailer(getting "CorruptHFileException: Problem reading HFile Trailer") on 
> some HFiles that could be successfully read on 1.2.
> I've seen this error manifesting in two ways so far.
> {code}Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.CorruptHFileException: 
> Problem reading HFile Trailer from file  <file name>
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.HFile.pickReaderVersion(HFile.java:497)
>       at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.HFile.createReader(HFile.java:525)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.StoreFile$Reader.<init>(StoreFile.java:1164)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.StoreFileInfo.open(StoreFileInfo.java:259)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.StoreFile.open(StoreFile.java:427)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.StoreFile.createReader(StoreFile.java:528)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.StoreFile.createReader(StoreFile.java:518)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HStore.createStoreFileAndReader(HStore.java:652)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HStore.access$000(HStore.java:117)
>       at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HStore$1.call(HStore.java:519)
>       at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HStore$1.call(HStore.java:516)
>       ... 6 more
> Caused by: java.io.IOException: Invalid HFile block magic: 
> \x00\x00\x04\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00
>       at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.BlockType.parse(BlockType.java:155)
>       at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.BlockType.read(BlockType.java:167)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.HFileBlock.<init>(HFileBlock.java:344)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.HFileBlock$FSReaderImpl.readBlockDataInternal(HFileBlock.java:1735)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.HFileBlock$FSReaderImpl.readBlockData(HFileBlock.java:1558)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.HFileBlock$AbstractFSReader$1.nextBlock(HFileBlock.java:1397)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.HFileBlock$AbstractFSReader$1.nextBlockWithBlockType(HFileBlock.java:1405)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.HFileReaderV2.<init>(HFileReaderV2.java:156)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.HFile.pickReaderVersion(HFile.java:485)
> {code}
> and second
> {code}
> Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.CorruptHFileException: Problem 
> reading HFile Trailer from file <file path>
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.HFile.pickReaderVersion(HFile.java:497)
>       at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.HFile.createReader(HFile.java:525)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.StoreFile$Reader.<init>(StoreFile.java:1164)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.HalfStoreFileReader.<init>(HalfStoreFileReader.java:104)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.StoreFileInfo.open(StoreFileInfo.java:256)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.StoreFile.open(StoreFile.java:427)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.StoreFile.createReader(StoreFile.java:528)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.StoreFile.createReader(StoreFile.java:518)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HStore.createStoreFileAndReader(HStore.java:652)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HStore.access$000(HStore.java:117)
>       at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HStore$1.call(HStore.java:519)
>       at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HStore$1.call(HStore.java:516)
>       ... 6 more
> Caused by: java.io.IOException: Premature EOF from inputStream (read returned 
> -1, was trying to read 10083 necessary bytes and 24 extra bytes, successfully 
> read 1072
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.HFileBlock.readWithExtra(HFileBlock.java:737)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.HFileBlock$AbstractFSReader.readAtOffset(HFileBlock.java:1459)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.HFileBlock$FSReaderImpl.readBlockDataInternal(HFileBlock.java:1712)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.HFileBlock$FSReaderImpl.readBlockData(HFileBlock.java:1558)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.HFileBlock$AbstractFSReader$1.nextBlock(HFileBlock.java:1397)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.HFileBlock$AbstractFSReader$1.nextBlockWithBlockType(HFileBlock.java:1405)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.HFileReaderV2.<init>(HFileReaderV2.java:156)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.HFile.pickReaderVersion(HFile.java:485)
> {code}
> In my case this problem was reproducible by running `hbase hfile -m  -f` 
> command. There seem to be two changes in behavior introduced by HBASE-15477 
> (cc [~stack]).
> One is that HFileBlock#getOnDiskSizeWithHeader always assumes that checksum 
> verification is true (this behavior results in onDiskSizeWithHeader being 
> calculated differently in 1.2 and 1.3 for some cases).
> Second is that in HFileBlock constructor we always attempt to retrive 
> checksum-related fields from the header even if no checksum verification is 
> going on.
> Attached is the patch which when applied allows 1.3 to read again the same 
> HFiles.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Reply via email to