[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-17452?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=15821925#comment-15821925
 ] 

huaxiang sun commented on HBASE-17452:
--------------------------------------

Hi [~yuzhih...@gmail.com], is it ok to commit? The failure seems happening 
quite often recently and unrelated with the patch.( I am taking a look at the 
failure to understand why it happens), thanks.

> Failed taking snapshot - region Manifest proto-message too large
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: HBASE-17452
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-17452
>             Project: HBase
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: snapshots
>    Affects Versions: 2.0.0
>            Reporter: huaxiang sun
>            Assignee: huaxiang sun
>         Attachments: HBASE-17452-master-001.patch
>
>
> With MOB, it is possible that there are lots of files under mobdir. When 
> taking snapshot, the region manifest could be very large. Similar to 
> HBASE-15430, we are seeing use cases running into the following exception:
> {code}
> Caused by: com.google.protobuf.InvalidProtocolBufferException: Protocol 
> message was too large. May be malicious. Use CodedInputStream.setSizeLimit() 
> to increase the size limit.
>         at 
> com.google.protobuf.InvalidProtocolBufferException.sizeLimitExceeded(InvalidProtocolBufferException.java:110)
>         at 
> com.google.protobuf.CodedInputStream.refillBuffer(CodedInputStream.java:755)
>         at 
> com.google.protobuf.CodedInputStream.readRawBytes(CodedInputStream.java:811)
>         at 
> com.google.protobuf.CodedInputStream.readBytes(CodedInputStream.java:329)
>         at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.SnapshotProtos$SnapshotRegionManifest$StoreFile.<init>(SnapshotProtos.java:1313)
>         at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.SnapshotProtos$SnapshotRegionManifest$StoreFile.<init>(SnapshotProtos.java:1263)
>         at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.SnapshotProtos$SnapshotRegionManifest$StoreFile$1.parsePartialFrom(SnapshotProtos.java:1364)
>         at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.SnapshotProtos$SnapshotRegionManifest$StoreFile$1.parsePartialFrom(SnapshotProtos.java:1359)
>         at 
> com.google.protobuf.CodedInputStream.readMessage(CodedInputStream.java:309)
>         at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.SnapshotProtos$SnapshotRegionManifest$FamilyFiles.<init>(SnapshotProtos.java:2161)
>         at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.SnapshotProtos$SnapshotRegionManifest$FamilyFiles.<init>(SnapshotProtos.java:2103)
>         at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.SnapshotProtos$SnapshotRegionManifest$FamilyFiles$1.parsePartialFrom(SnapshotProtos.java:2197)
>         at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.SnapshotProtos$SnapshotRegionManifest$FamilyFiles$1.parsePartialFrom(SnapshotProtos.java:2192)
>         at 
> com.google.protobuf.CodedInputStream.readMessage(CodedInputStream.java:309)
>         at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.SnapshotProtos$SnapshotRegionManifest.<init>(SnapshotProtos.java:1165)
>         at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.SnapshotProtos$SnapshotRegionManifest.<init>(SnapshotProtos.java:1094)
>         at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.SnapshotProtos$SnapshotRegionManifest$1.parsePartialFrom(SnapshotProtos.java:1201)
>         at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.SnapshotProtos$SnapshotRegionManifest$1.parsePartialFrom(SnapshotProtos.java:1196)
>         at 
> com.google.protobuf.AbstractParser.parsePartialFrom(AbstractParser.java:200)
>         at 
> com.google.protobuf.AbstractParser.parseFrom(AbstractParser.java:217)
>         at 
> com.google.protobuf.AbstractParser.parseFrom(AbstractParser.java:223)
>         at 
> com.google.protobuf.AbstractParser.parseFrom(AbstractParser.java:49)
>         at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.SnapshotProtos$SnapshotRegionManifest.parseFrom(SnapshotProtos.java:3111)
>         at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.snapshot.SnapshotManifestV2$2.call(SnapshotManifestV2.java:139)
>         at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.snapshot.SnapshotManifestV2$2.call(SnapshotManifestV2.java:134)
>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
>         at 
> java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
>         at 
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
>         at 
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
>         ... 1 more
> {code}



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Reply via email to