[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-18186?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16118881#comment-16118881
 ] 

Mikhail Antonov commented on HBASE-18186:
-----------------------------------------

Yes, I saw that on the cluster with HBASE-16788 patch applied. There's more 
(subtle) problem somewhere here.

> Frequent FileNotFoundExceptions in region server logs
> -----------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: HBASE-18186
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-18186
>             Project: HBase
>          Issue Type: Sub-task
>          Components: Compaction, Scanners
>    Affects Versions: 1.3.1
>            Reporter: Ashu Pachauri
>
> We see frequent FileNotFoundException in regionserver logs on multiple code 
> paths trying to reference non existing store files. I know that there have 
> been multiple bugs in store file accounting of compacted store files. 
> Examples include: HBASE-16964 , HBASE-16754 and HBASE-16788.
> Observations:  
> 1. The issue mentioned here also seems to bear a similar flavor, because we 
> are not seeing rampant dataloss given the frequency of these exceptions in 
> the logs. So, it's more likely an accounting issue, but I could be wrong. 
> 2. The frequency with which this happens on scan heavy workload is at least 
> one order of magnitude higher than a mixed workload.
> Stack traces:
> {Code}
> WARN backup.HFileArchiver: Failed to archive class 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.backup.HFileArchiver$FileableStoreFile, 
> file:hdfs://<region_dir>/<cf>/<store_file> because it does not exist! 
> Skipping and continuing on.
> java.io.FileNotFoundException: File/Directory <region_dir>/<cf>/<store_file> 
> does not exist.
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSDirAttrOp.setTimes(FSDirAttrOp.java:121)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.setTimes(FSNamesystem.java:1910)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNodeRpcServer.setTimes(NameNodeRpcServer.java:1223)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.setTimes(ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.java:915)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.proto.ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos$ClientNamenodeProtocol$2.callBlockingMethod(ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos.java)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Server$ProtoBufRpcInvoker.call(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:616)
>       at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$Server.call(RPC.java:982)
>       at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:2049)
>       at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:2045)
>       at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>       at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:422)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1698)
>       at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:2045)
>       at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor55.newInstance(Unknown 
> Source)
>       at 
> sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
>       at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException.instantiateException(RemoteException.java:106)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException.unwrapRemoteException(RemoteException.java:73)
>       at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.setTimes(DFSClient.java:3115)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem$30.doCall(DistributedFileSystem.java:1520)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem$30.doCall(DistributedFileSystem.java:1516)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystemLinkResolver.resolve(FileSystemLinkResolver.java:81)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem.setTimes(DistributedFileSystem.java:1530)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.fs.FilterFileSystem.setTimes(FilterFileSystem.java:496)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.FSUtils.renameAndSetModifyTime(FSUtils.java:1805)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.backup.HFileArchiver$File.moveAndClose(HFileArchiver.java:575)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.backup.HFileArchiver.resolveAndArchiveFile(HFileArchiver.java:410)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.backup.HFileArchiver.resolveAndArchive(HFileArchiver.java:320)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.backup.HFileArchiver.archiveStoreFiles(HFileArchiver.java:242)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionFileSystem.removeStoreFiles(HRegionFileSystem.java:433)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HStore.removeCompactedfiles(HStore.java:2723)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HStore.closeAndArchiveCompactedFiles(HStore.java:2672)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.CompactedHFilesDischargeHandler.process(CompactedHFilesDischargeHandler.java:43)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.executor.EventHandler.run(EventHandler.java:129)
>       at 
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
>       at 
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
>       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
> Caused by: 
> org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException(java.io.FileNotFoundException): 
> File/Directory <region_dir>/<cf>/<store_file> does not exist.
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSDirAttrOp.setTimes(FSDirAttrOp.java:121)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.setTimes(FSNamesystem.java:1910)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNodeRpcServer.setTimes(NameNodeRpcServer.java:1223)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.setTimes(ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.java:915)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.proto.ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos$ClientNamenodeProtocol$2.callBlockingMethod(ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos.java)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Server$ProtoBufRpcInvoker.call(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:616)
>       at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$Server.call(RPC.java:982)
>       at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:2049)
>       at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:2045)
>       at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>       at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:422)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1698)
>       at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:2045)
>       at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.call(Client.java:1476)
>       at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.call(Client.java:1413)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Invoker.invoke(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:229)
>       at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy16.setTimes(Unknown Source)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.setTimes(ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.java:854)
>       at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor138.invoke(Unknown Source)
>       at 
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>       at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invokeMethod(RetryInvocationHandler.java:191)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invoke(RetryInvocationHandler.java:102)
>       at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy17.setTimes(Unknown Source)
>       at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor138.invoke(Unknown Source)
>       at 
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>       at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
>       at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.fs.HFileSystem$1.invoke(HFileSystem.java:302)
>       at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy18.setTimes(Unknown Source)
>       at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.setTimes(DFSClient.java:3113)
>       ... 18 more
> {Code}
> {Code}
> ERROR regionserver.CompactSplitThread: Compaction selection failed Store = 
> <cf>, pri = 289
> java.io.FileNotFoundException: File does not exist: 
> hdfs://<region_dir>/<cf>/<store_file>
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem$22.doCall(DistributedFileSystem.java:1309)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem$22.doCall(DistributedFileSystem.java:1301)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystemLinkResolver.resolve(FileSystemLinkResolver.java:81)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem.getFileStatus(DistributedFileSystem.java:1317)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.fs.FilterFileSystem.getFileStatus(FilterFileSystem.java:421)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.StoreFileInfo.getReferencedFileStatus(StoreFileInfo.java:342)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.StoreFileInfo.getFileStatus(StoreFileInfo.java:355)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.StoreFileInfo.getModificationTime(StoreFileInfo.java:360)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.StoreFile.getModificationTimeStamp(StoreFile.java:321)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.StoreUtils.getLowestTimestamp(StoreUtils.java:63)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.compactions.RatioBasedCompactionPolicy.shouldPerformMajorCompaction(RatioBasedCompactionPolicy.java:64)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.compactions.SortedCompactionPolicy.selectCompaction(SortedCompactionPolicy.java:82)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.DefaultStoreEngine$DefaultCompactionContext.select(DefaultStoreEngine.java:107)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HStore.requestCompaction(HStore.java:1661)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.CompactSplitThread.selectCompaction(CompactSplitThread.java:369)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.CompactSplitThread.access$100(CompactSplitThread.java:59)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.CompactSplitThread$CompactionRunner.doCompaction(CompactSplitThread.java:494)
>       at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.CompactSplitThread$CompactionRunner.run(CompactSplitThread.java:564)
>       at 
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
>       at 
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
>       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
> {Code}



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.4.14#64029)

Reply via email to