[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-5606?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13245763#comment-13245763
 ] 

Jimmy Xiang commented on HBASE-5606:
------------------------------------

It is ok with me. Hopefully, there is no other place.
                
> SplitLogManger async delete node hangs log splitting when ZK connection is 
> lost 
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: HBASE-5606
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-5606
>             Project: HBase
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: wal
>    Affects Versions: 0.92.0
>            Reporter: Gopinathan A
>            Assignee: Prakash Khemani
>            Priority: Critical
>             Fix For: 0.92.2
>
>         Attachments: 
> 0001-HBASE-5606-SplitLogManger-async-delete-node-hangs-lo.patch, 
> 0001-HBASE-5606-SplitLogManger-async-delete-node-hangs-lo.patch
>
>
> 1. One rs died, the servershutdownhandler found it out and started the 
> distributed log splitting;
> 2. All tasks are failed due to ZK connection lost, so the all the tasks were 
> deleted asynchronously;
> 3. Servershutdownhandler retried the log splitting;
> 4. The asynchronously deletion in step 2 finally happened for new task
> 5. This made the SplitLogManger in hanging state.
> This leads to .META. region not assigened for long time
> {noformat}
> hbase-root-master-HOST-192-168-47-204.log.2012-03-14"(55413,79):2012-03-14 
> 19:28:47,932 DEBUG org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.SplitLogManager: put up 
> splitlog task at znode 
> /hbase/splitlog/hdfs%3A%2F%2F192.168.47.205%3A9000%2Fhbase%2F.logs%2Flinux-114.site%2C60020%2C1331720381665-splitting%2Flinux-114.site%252C60020%252C1331720381665.1331752316170
> hbase-root-master-HOST-192-168-47-204.log.2012-03-14"(89303,79):2012-03-14 
> 19:34:32,387 DEBUG org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.SplitLogManager: put up 
> splitlog task at znode 
> /hbase/splitlog/hdfs%3A%2F%2F192.168.47.205%3A9000%2Fhbase%2F.logs%2Flinux-114.site%2C60020%2C1331720381665-splitting%2Flinux-114.site%252C60020%252C1331720381665.1331752316170
> {noformat}
> {noformat}
> hbase-root-master-HOST-192-168-47-204.log.2012-03-14"(80417,99):2012-03-14 
> 19:34:31,196 DEBUG 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.SplitLogManager$DeleteAsyncCallback: deleted 
> /hbase/splitlog/hdfs%3A%2F%2F192.168.47.205%3A9000%2Fhbase%2F.logs%2Flinux-114.site%2C60020%2C1331720381665-splitting%2Flinux-114.site%252C60020%252C1331720381665.1331752316170
> hbase-root-master-HOST-192-168-47-204.log.2012-03-14"(89456,99):2012-03-14 
> 19:34:32,497 DEBUG 
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.SplitLogManager$DeleteAsyncCallback: deleted 
> /hbase/splitlog/hdfs%3A%2F%2F192.168.47.205%3A9000%2Fhbase%2F.logs%2Flinux-114.site%2C60020%2C1331720381665-splitting%2Flinux-114.site%252C60020%252C1331720381665.1331752316170
> {noformat}

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators: 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ContactAdministrators!default.jspa
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

Reply via email to