kgeisz commented on code in PR #8723:
URL: https://github.com/apache/hbase/pull/8723#discussion_r4149485289
##########
dev-support/read-replica/run_read_replica_integration_tests.sh:
##########
@@ -143,14 +204,26 @@ echo "DOCKER_COMPOSE_FILE=${DOCKER_COMPOSE_FILE}"
echo "HBASE_DATA_STORE_ROOT=${HBASE_DATA_STORE_ROOT}"
echo "realpath of HBASE_DATA_STORE_ROOT=$(realpath ${HBASE_DATA_STORE_ROOT})"
-# Clone HBase source for Docker build context (Docker COPY doesn't follow
symlinks)
-echo "Cloning HBase source into ${REPLICA_DIR}/hbase for Docker build
context..."
-rm -rf "${REPLICA_DIR}/hbase"
-git clone --local "${HBASE_ROOT}" "${REPLICA_DIR}/hbase"
-rm -rf "${REPLICA_DIR}/hbase/.git"
+# Docker COPY does not follow symlinks; stage a trimmed tree for the build
context.
+# Excludes match .dockerignore at repo root (target/, nested
read-replica/hbase, etc.).
Review Comment:
I agree with Copilot. I don't see an `hbase/.dockerignore` file
##########
dev-support/read-replica/run_read_replica_integration_tests.sh:
##########
@@ -143,14 +204,26 @@ echo "DOCKER_COMPOSE_FILE=${DOCKER_COMPOSE_FILE}"
echo "HBASE_DATA_STORE_ROOT=${HBASE_DATA_STORE_ROOT}"
echo "realpath of HBASE_DATA_STORE_ROOT=$(realpath ${HBASE_DATA_STORE_ROOT})"
-# Clone HBase source for Docker build context (Docker COPY doesn't follow
symlinks)
-echo "Cloning HBase source into ${REPLICA_DIR}/hbase for Docker build
context..."
-rm -rf "${REPLICA_DIR}/hbase"
-git clone --local "${HBASE_ROOT}" "${REPLICA_DIR}/hbase"
-rm -rf "${REPLICA_DIR}/hbase/.git"
+# Docker COPY does not follow symlinks; stage a trimmed tree for the build
context.
+# Excludes match .dockerignore at repo root (target/, nested
read-replica/hbase, etc.).
Review Comment:
nit: I agree with Copilot. I don't see an `hbase/.dockerignore` file
--
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]