[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-17275?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
 ]

Chris Drome updated HIVE-17275:
-------------------------------
    Attachment: HIVE-17275.patch
                HIVE-17275-branch-2.patch
                HIVE-17275-branch-2.2.patch

> Auto-merge fails on writes of UNION ALL output to ORC file with dynamic 
> partitioning
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: HIVE-17275
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-17275
>             Project: Hive
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Query Processor
>    Affects Versions: 2.2.0
>            Reporter: Chris Drome
>            Assignee: Chris Drome
>         Attachments: HIVE-17275-branch-2.2.patch, HIVE-17275-branch-2.patch, 
> HIVE-17275.patch
>
>
> If dynamic partitioning is used to write the output of UNION or UNION ALL 
> queries into ORC files with hive.merge.tezfiles=true, the merge step fails as 
> follows:
> {noformat}
> 2017-08-08T11:27:19,958 ERROR [e7b1f06d-d632-408a-9dff-f7ae042cd25a main] 
> SessionState: Vertex failed, vertexName=File Merge, 
> vertexId=vertex_1502216690354_0001_33_00, diagnostics=[Task failed, 
> taskId=task_1502216690354_0001_33_00_000000, diagnostics=[TaskAttempt 0 
> failed, info=[Error: Error while running task ( failure ) : 
> attempt_1502216690354_0001_33_00_000000_0:java.lang.RuntimeException: 
> java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException: 
> java.io.IOException: Multiple partitions for one merge mapper: 
> hdfs://localhost:39943/build/ql/test/data/warehouse/partunion1/.hive-staging_hive_2017-08-08_11-27-09_105_286405133968521828-1/-ext-10002/part1=2014/1
>  NOT EQUAL TO 
> hdfs://localhost:39943/build/ql/test/data/warehouse/partunion1/.hive-staging_hive_2017-08-08_11-27-09_105_286405133968521828-1/-ext-10002/part1=2014/2
>   at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.tez.TezProcessor.initializeAndRunProcessor(TezProcessor.java:211)
>   at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.tez.MergeFileTezProcessor.run(MergeFileTezProcessor.java:42)
>   at 
> org.apache.tez.runtime.LogicalIOProcessorRuntimeTask.run(LogicalIOProcessorRuntimeTask.java:370)
>   at 
> org.apache.tez.runtime.task.TaskRunner2Callable$1.run(TaskRunner2Callable.java:73)
>   at 
> org.apache.tez.runtime.task.TaskRunner2Callable$1.run(TaskRunner2Callable.java:61)
>   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>   at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:422)
>   at 
> org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1807)
>   at 
> org.apache.tez.runtime.task.TaskRunner2Callable.callInternal(TaskRunner2Callable.java:61)
>   at 
> org.apache.tez.runtime.task.TaskRunner2Callable.callInternal(TaskRunner2Callable.java:37)
>   at org.apache.tez.common.CallableWithNdc.call(CallableWithNdc.java:36)
>   at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
>   at 
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
>   at 
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
>   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: 
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException: java.io.IOException: 
> Multiple partitions for one merge mapper: 
> hdfs://localhost:39943/build/ql/test/data/warehouse/partunion1/.hive-staging_hive_2017-08-08_11-27-09_105_286405133968521828-1/-ext-10002/part1=2014/1
>  NOT EQUAL TO 
> hdfs://localhost:39943/build/ql/test/data/warehouse/partunion1/.hive-staging_hive_2017-08-08_11-27-09_105_286405133968521828-1/-ext-10002/part1=2014/2
>   at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.tez.MergeFileRecordProcessor.processRow(MergeFileRecordProcessor.java:225)
>   at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.tez.MergeFileRecordProcessor.run(MergeFileRecordProcessor.java:154)
>   at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.tez.TezProcessor.initializeAndRunProcessor(TezProcessor.java:185)
>   ... 14 more
> Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException: 
> java.io.IOException: Multiple partitions for one merge mapper: 
> hdfs://localhost:39943/build/ql/test/data/warehouse/partunion1/.hive-staging_hive_2017-08-08_11-27-09_105_286405133968521828-1/-ext-10002/part1=2014/1
>  NOT EQUAL TO 
> hdfs://localhost:39943/build/ql/test/data/warehouse/partunion1/.hive-staging_hive_2017-08-08_11-27-09_105_286405133968521828-1/-ext-10002/part1=2014/2
>   at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.OrcFileMergeOperator.processKeyValuePairs(OrcFileMergeOperator.java:169)
>   at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.OrcFileMergeOperator.process(OrcFileMergeOperator.java:72)
>   at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.tez.MergeFileRecordProcessor.processRow(MergeFileRecordProcessor.java:216)
>   ... 16 more
> Caused by: java.io.IOException: Multiple partitions for one merge mapper: 
> hdfs://localhost:39943/build/ql/test/data/warehouse/partunion1/.hive-staging_hive_2017-08-08_11-27-09_105_286405133968521828-1/-ext-10002/part1=2014/1
>  NOT EQUAL TO 
> hdfs://localhost:39943/build/ql/test/data/warehouse/partunion1/.hive-staging_hive_2017-08-08_11-27-09_105_286405133968521828-1/-ext-10002/part1=2014/2
>   at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.AbstractFileMergeOperator.checkPartitionsMatch(AbstractFileMergeOperator.java:180)
>   at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.AbstractFileMergeOperator.fixTmpPath(AbstractFileMergeOperator.java:197)
>   at 
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.OrcFileMergeOperator.processKeyValuePairs(OrcFileMergeOperator.java:96)
>   ... 18 more
> {noformat}



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.4.14#64029)

Reply via email to