GGraziadei commented on issue #2043:
URL: https://github.com/apache/iceberg-go/issues/2043#issuecomment-5873744452

   Hi @C-Loftus, thanks for your comment. I agree with you, and more generally 
with @nssalian, who is doing a great job on this direction. I think that 
maintaining alignment across implementations of the proposed features is one of 
the hardest challenges for Iceberg.
   
   I’d like to report the current status of Hilbert in Java. This comment is a 
good starting point: 
https://github.com/apache/iceberg/pull/16827#issuecomment-5402048757.
   
   Currently, Hilbert is available only in Spark 4.1. There are two PRs that I 
think should be completed before we propagate the feature horizontally across 
implementations (go and cpp) and vertically across versions (Spark 4.2 and 
Spark 4.0).
   
   One of these PRs changes the bit-interleaving strategy to use a lut, while 
the other introduces the concept of a MultiTerm column and is interconnected 
with the v4.
   
   I definitely agree that different implementations can work in parallel. 
However, in this case, what about waiting for these two PRs to land first? In 
the meantime, if you have some bandwidth, @C-Loftus, would you mind reviewing 
this PR? I believe this is quite aligned with your mathematical background: 
https://github.com/apache/iceberg/pull/17774


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to