dannycjones commented on issue #3233:
URL: https://github.com/apache/iceberg-rust/issues/3233#issuecomment-5888378089

   OK, a little related to this: I'm planning to introduce a new Python script 
that handles the license checks (rejecting licenses we don't permit) and 
generating attribution and other files for the Python bindings.
   
   This will be separate to the existing dependencies.sh - I'm going to 
narrow's its scope only to generating the TSVs mentioned in this issue.
   
   I think the consensus in the community is that the TSVs aren't that useful 
for maintainer or consumer, so I'm effectively preparing to remove it by 
dropping the whole bash script, but I'll take that to the mailing list when 
that decision comes. If we decide instead to keep the TSVs, it can be folded 
into the new Python script.
   
   The motivation for moving to the Python script is to ensure this stuff is 
maintainable. Drafting the necessary changes for the distribution notices felt 
practically unreadable in Bash.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to