toutane commented on PR #2671:
URL: https://github.com/apache/iceberg-rust/pull/2671#issuecomment-5906978591

   > Hi @toutane, I've been building on top of it for a follow-up ([sort-order 
reporting](https://github.com/apache/iceberg-rust/issues/3126)), so I rebased 
this branch onto current `main` to test it and found two things.
   > 
   > 1. `main` picked up [feat(scan): make FileScanTask serializable 
#3091](https://github.com/apache/iceberg-rust/pull/3091) (`FileScanTask` fields 
went private behind a serde adapter, `build()` now returns 
`Result<FileScanTask>`). Your round-robin test in `scan_planning.rs` builds a 
`FileScanTask` with `.build()` and no `.unwrap()`, which no longer compiles.
   > 2. `main` also picked up a DataFusion bump to 55.0, which deprecated 
`ExecutionPlan::with_new_children` in favor of 
`replace_children`/`ReplaceChildrenOptions`. 
`test_iceberg_table_scan_rejects_non_empty_children` calls 
`.with_new_children()` directly, which now trips `clippy -D warnings`.
   > 
   > Both are one-line fixes, but you'll hit them as soon as you rebase onto 
current `main`.
   
   Hey @anuragmantri, thanks for your comment and for your suggestions! It's so 
nice to see that you built something on top of it.
   
   I will rebase this branch on top of `main` and apply the fixes you mentioned 
- I will probably do it directly into the new repository.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to