RussellSpitzer commented on code in PR #18308:
URL: https://github.com/apache/iceberg/pull/18308#discussion_r4146296309


##########
format/spec.md:
##########
@@ -840,7 +840,7 @@ For example, stats for a `required` `int` field named `id` 
with field-id `2` are
 
   // null_value_count is only used for optional fields
   // nan_value_count is only used for float and double
-  // avg_value_size_in_bytes is only used for variable length types
+  // total_bytes is only used for variable length types

Review Comment:
   I don't really mind either way. We can just keep it as is. It's just one of 
those things where I don't think we want anyone to validate if this field is 
present for other types so I prefer to just drop wording around that. But i'm 
on board with the change as is so I would just merge it if no one else cares.



-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to