adiranjan25 commented on issue #18327: URL: https://github.com/apache/iceberg/issues/18327#issuecomment-5945211170
Hi @strat97 , I'd like to work on this. I plan to first compare the view metadata commit path with the existing table metadata cleanup behavior and add a regression test that performs repeated view replacements/updates and verifies retention/deletion of obsolete metadata files. My initial thought is to reuse the existing table metadata retention semantics where possible rather than introduce a separate cleanup mechanism for views. I'll keep the change scoped to view metadata-file retention/cleanup and preserve the existing `version.history.num-entries` behavior for versions retained within view metadata. Please let me know if there are any compatibility or design considerations you'd like me to account for before I start. -- This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service. To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the URL above to go to the specific comment. To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at: [email protected] --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]
