Richard Calaba commented on KYLIN-2104:


Did update apache-maven (previous version Apache Maven 3.0.5 (Red Hat 
3.0.5-16)) -> updated to Apache Maven 3.3.9 
(bb52d8502b132ec0a5a3f4c09453c07478323dc5; 2015-11-10T12:41:47-04:00)

The other working server Maven version was 3.3.3

Have also deleted all old repository cache in home directory for npm (~/.npm) 
and for maven (~/.m2)

Either the repository cache cleanup or the version update resolved my problem . 
After that I am able to build BIN version from sources (for any kylin git tag - 
1.5.3 / / master) and the BIN compiled version works correctly. Also 
the BIN packge size difference (~ 20-30 MBs) is gone.

In addition I was able to return back the NodeJS version 6.7.0 back - and it is 
still working.

Closing ticket as resolved -> most probably maven version or maven repository 
cache issue.

> loader constraint violation: loader (instance of 
> org/apache/catalina/loader/WebappClassLoader) previously initiated loading 
> for a different type with name "com/google/protobuf/ByteString"
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>                 Key: KYLIN-2104
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KYLIN-2104
>             Project: Kylin
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: v1.5.3
>         Environment: MapR 4.1 - Edge node
>            Reporter: Richard Calaba
>            Priority: Critical
> Something very odd is with v.1.5.3 compilation & packaging scripts - it seems 
> that during compilation some req. library is missing or another version is 
> being used and this is not reported as a compilation error which is causing 
> issues later in runtime.
> On my MapR 4.1 system - EDGE node which has all necessary access rights for 
> hbase/hive + other packaging tools installed I did this:
> 1) Followed the https://kylin.apache.org/development/howto_package.html - 
> with one exception - from git I am not clonning latest master branch but 
> specific released Kylin version using tag kylin-1.5.3
> 2) The bin package is compiled successfully without any errors being reported 
> (I believe test cases are skipped this way - so cannot say test cases run ok)
> 3) I then installed the successfully compiled Kylin 1.5.3 from sources and 
> run Kylin - all seems OK.
> 4) I defined and successfully build 2 cubes - no issues during the build 
> process. (Maybe except the fact that Cube size is reported to be 0 Kb on UI 
> having approx. 350 million rows processed during Build -> that looks more 
> like some other bug).
> 5) If I go to Insights tab in Kylin UI and run any query which should return 
> some data (350 mil. rows processed during build) I am getting an error:
> a) 1st time I run any query - ERROR: loader constraint violation: loader 
> (instance of org/apache/catalina/loader/WebappClassLoader) previously 
> initiated loading for a different type with name 
> "com/google/protobuf/ByteString"
> b) 2nd and later times - ERROR says only "com/google/protobuf/ByteString"
> 6) If I STOP the Kylin -> replace the whole binary installation with the 
> officialy released binary package of Kylin 1.5.3 (for HBase 0.98/0.99) - I 
> can run my queries without any issue !!!!
> The reason why I am reporting this bug on v 1.5.3 and not on latest released 
> sources is that I have issues to have working - see 
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KYLIN-2094 - Bin release fails in step 
> #3 of the Build process and compiled from sources doesn't work for 
> me. 
> All points to some issues with incorrect dependencies being detected during 
> compilation and/or runtime ... maybe related to Google's Protobuffers ...??? 
> Anyone has any idea how to debug this problem ?? Basically it makes both 
> 1.5.3 and not working on my system.
> On different system (also MapR 4.1) few months back -> I didn't have those 
> issues -I was able successfully re-compile sources of 1.5.x versions 
> including some additional patches relased for them. 
> Beacuse no errror is reported during the Kylin compilation & packaging 
> process -> all indicates that there is some strange non-resolved dependency 
> which was OK on my previous MapR system but is different on my current MapR 
> system. Could be anything ...
> I will try to attach the compiled binary package here so some guru can have a 
> look and let me know why "successfully" compiled Kylin from sources doesn't 
> run same as the original BIN release. (BTW my compiled archive is several 30 
> MBs larger than the released binary package ...)

This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA

Reply via email to