[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MCHANGELOG-142?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
 ]

Michael Osipov updated MCHANGELOG-142:
--------------------------------------
    Labels: sample-project-missing  (was: )

> UTF-8 Encoding doubled
> ----------------------
>
>                 Key: MCHANGELOG-142
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MCHANGELOG-142
>             Project: Maven Changelog Plugin
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: 2.3
>            Reporter: Jukka Harkki
>              Labels: sample-project-missing
>
> Creating changelog.xml file doubles UTF-8 encoding if the git comment 
> information is already UTF-8 format. For example: if property outputEncoding 
> is set to ISO-8859-1 the output is (shown as od dump):
> {code}
> 0004060 7375 7420 696f 696d 616d 6e61 6d20 c379
>           u   s       t   o   i   m   i   m   a   a   n       m   y   ├
> 0004100 73b6 6c20 7369 a4c3 6b79 6573 7373 a4c3
>           Â   s       l   i   s   ├   ñ   y   k   s   e   s   s   ├   ñ
> {code}
> And when set to UTF-8 the output is:
> {code}
> 0004060 6d69 6d69 6161 206e 796d 83c3 b6c2 2073
>           i   m   i   m   a   a   n       m   y   ├   â   ┬   Â   s
> {code}
> The result of UTF-8 encoding is that scandinavian umlauts are garbled. Code 
> C3 B6 is the right for the "ö"-letter.
> The ISO-8859-1 format would do for the site documentation but since the file 
> changelog.xml header says ISO-8859-1 encoding, rest of the process fails to 
> process umlauts.
> I modified class ChangeLogReport method writeChangelogXml() by commenting out 
> issue MCHANGELOG-86 writer change:
> {code}
>         PrintWriter pw = new PrintWriter(new BufferedOutputStream(new 
> FileOutputStream(outputXML)));
>         pw.write(changelogXml.toString());
>         pw.flush();
>         pw.close();
>         // MCHANGELOG-86
> //        Writer writer = WriterFactory.newWriter( new BufferedOutputStream( 
> new FileOutputStream( outputXML ) ),
> //                                                 getOutputEncoding() );
> //        writer.write(changelogXml.toString());
> //        writer.flush();
> //        writer.close();
> {code}
> It might be there is double escaping in Writer since couple of lines above 
> the change set is created with encoding information:
> {code}
>             String changeset = changelogSet.toXML(getOutputEncoding());
> {code}
> However, this is just a wild guess since I did not check out implementation 
> of changelogSet.toXML() or writer.write(). It could be also something 
> different in version control access since MCHANGELOG-86 was a SVN issue and 
> here we got with GIT.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Reply via email to