slachiewicz opened a new pull request, #1716:
URL: https://github.com/apache/maven-dependency-plugin/pull/1716

   `dependency:tree -Dverbose` ranked any scope outside compile, runtime, 
provided and test as the widest, because `indexOf` returns -1. A losing 
`system` dependency was reported as "scope not updated to system", and a 
winning `system` dependency never reported the wider scope it did not take. The 
selector now compares only the Java scopes. This is 
apache/maven-dependency-tree#136, carried over by MDEP-969 (#1712).
   
   Verified: `mvn verify -Prun-its -Dinvoker.test='tree*'` → 440 unit tests and 
8 tree ITs pass; both new `VerboseJavaScopeSelectorTest` cases fail without the 
fix.
   
   ---
   
   To make clear that you license your contribution under
   the [Apache License Version 2.0, January 
2004](https://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0)
   check one of the following:
   
   - [x] I hereby declare this contribution to be licensed under the [Apache 
License Version 2.0, January 2004](https://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0)
   - [x] I hereby declare that I have filed an [Apache Individual Contributor 
License Agreement](https://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.pdf).
   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to