[
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/METRON-1860?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16686606#comment-16686606
]
ASF GitHub Bot commented on METRON-1860:
----------------------------------------
Github user ottobackwards commented on the issue:
https://github.com/apache/metron/pull/1261
@nickwallen I did not think of that. I was improving the process that
stands today. I think in a world where the posted image exists, we would still
want the ability to try the latest ( to verify a fix pre-release etc ).
> Improve full dev experience by using docker and vagrant together
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Key: METRON-1860
> URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/METRON-1860
> Project: Metron
> Issue Type: Improvement
> Reporter: Otto Fowler
> Assignee: Otto Fowler
> Priority: Major
>
> Many new users have trouble getting full dev to run correctly. Setting up
> the environment to build metron and run the ansible is often a problem.
> We already have a docker container for fully building metron, that could also
> be used for running ansible.
> The idea to explore is the following:
> # run vagrant up, but without ansible, just stand up the base image
> # run docker to run the ansible playbooks against the vagrant machine
> # ???
> # profit
--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v7.6.3#76005)