Github user ottobackwards commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/metron/pull/1261
  
    @mmiklavc That is basically correct. Except that the ansible version is 
2.5, since it only applies to this build, and allows for the yaml log 
formatting.  
    
    Also, in the latest version, the ansible once again does the clean and 
build as opposed to the script.  I had a lot of problems getting the c++ picked 
up from ansible and moved the build out of it for the time, but the idea was 
always to have ansible run the metron_build, and that has returned.
    
    The reasoning for the prompts to build the vagrant box and the docker ->
    - if you are using this during development, IE> we are working ON ansible 
or ON docker, you may fail in the docker or ansible stage without modifying the 
vm, and thus not need to vagrant up again.  Likewise, you may not need to 
rebuild the docker machine if you have not made changes, _or_ you may in fact 
need to.   I added these flags as I developed.



---

Reply via email to