[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/METRON-1860?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16695155#comment-16695155
 ] 

ASF GitHub Bot commented on METRON-1860:
----------------------------------------

Github user nickwallen commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/metron/pull/1261
  
    hey @ottobackwards - I am still wrapping my head around this, but one small 
nit is that I don't like all the confirmation prompts.  With the prompts I have 
to constantly check back to ensure it is not stuck on another prompt waiting 
for me to do something.  
    
    As much as possible it should just be fire-and-forget, so I can run it, 
work on something else, and hopefully come back some time later with a 
functioning Metron install.


> Improve full dev experience by using docker and vagrant together
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: METRON-1860
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/METRON-1860
>             Project: Metron
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>            Reporter: Otto Fowler
>            Assignee: Otto Fowler
>            Priority: Major
>
> Many new users have trouble getting full dev to run correctly.  Setting up 
> the environment to build metron and run the ansible is often a problem.
> We already have a docker container for fully building metron, that could also 
> be used for running ansible.
> The idea to explore is the following:
>  # run vagrant up, but without ansible, just stand up the base image
>  # run docker to run the ansible playbooks against the vagrant machine
>  # ???
>  # profit



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v7.6.3#76005)

Reply via email to