[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-2644?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=15573443#comment-15573443
 ] 

Andy LoPresto commented on NIFI-2644:
-------------------------------------

Wondering if anyone in the community has some Windows file permissions 
expertise to assist in diagnosing this? I don't have a Windows machine 
available right now to test, so I was depending on the kindness/availability of 
other people's machines to try and isolate the issue last time. 

> Windows file permissions and line endings cause tests to fail
> -------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: NIFI-2644
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-2644
>             Project: Apache NiFi
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Configuration, Tools and Build
>    Affects Versions: 1.0.0
>            Reporter: Andy LoPresto
>            Assignee: Andy LoPresto
>            Priority: Minor
>
> The {{ConfigEncryptionToolTest}} has three tests which fail on Windows -- two 
> due to Windows not being able to modify the file permissions in order to 
> cause the expected {{IOException}} to be thrown, and one because the 
> serialized {{nifi.properties}} has different line endings than expected. 
> These are not blockers for 1.0.0 because they assert only failure scenarios 
> and will not impede the actual behavior of the tool. 
> We can re-investigate for 1.1.0. 
> {code}
> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> [INFO] Inspecting build with total of 1 modules...
> [INFO] Installing Nexus Staging features:
> [INFO]   ... total of 1 executions of maven-deploy-plugin replaced with 
> nexus-staging-maven-plugin
> [INFO]                                                                        
>  
> [INFO] 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [INFO] Building nifi-toolkit-encrypt-config 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
> [INFO] 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [INFO] 
> [INFO] --- maven-clean-plugin:2.5:clean (default-clean) @ 
> nifi-toolkit-encrypt-config ---
> [INFO] Deleting 
> C:\Users\Joe\AppData\Local\Programs\Git\nifi\nifi-toolkit\nifi-toolkit-encrypt-config\target
> [INFO] 
> [INFO] --- maven-enforcer-plugin:1.3.1:enforce (enforce-maven) @ 
> nifi-toolkit-encrypt-config ---
> [INFO] 
> [INFO] --- build-helper-maven-plugin:1.5:add-source (add-source) @ 
> nifi-toolkit-encrypt-config ---
> [INFO] Source directory: 
> C:\Users\Joe\AppData\Local\Programs\Git\nifi\nifi-toolkit\nifi-toolkit-encrypt-config\src\main\groovy
>  added.
> [INFO] 
> [INFO] --- maven-remote-resources-plugin:1.5:process (default) @ 
> nifi-toolkit-encrypt-config ---
> [INFO] 
> [INFO] --- maven-resources-plugin:2.7:resources (default-resources) @ 
> nifi-toolkit-encrypt-config ---
> [INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
> [INFO] Copying 2 resources
> [INFO] Copying 3 resources
> [INFO] 
> [INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:3.2:compile (default-compile) @ 
> nifi-toolkit-encrypt-config ---
> [INFO] Changes detected - recompiling the module!
> [INFO] Compiling 6 source files to 
> C:\Users\Joe\AppData\Local\Programs\Git\nifi\nifi-toolkit\nifi-toolkit-encrypt-config\target\classes
> [INFO] 
> [INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:3.2:compile (default) @ 
> nifi-toolkit-encrypt-config ---
> [INFO] Changes detected - recompiling the module!
> [INFO] Using Groovy-Eclipse compiler to compile both Java and Groovy files
> [INFO] Found location 
> <C:\Users\Joe\.m2\repository\org\codehaus\groovy\groovy-eclipse-batch\2.4.3-01\groovy-eclipse-batch-2.4.3-01.jar>
>  for className <org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.batch.Main>
> [INFO] no javaAgentClass seems to be set
> [INFO] Compiling in a forked process using 
> C:\Users\Joe\.m2\repository\org\codehaus\groovy\groovy-eclipse-batch\2.4.3-01\groovy-eclipse-batch-2.4.3-01.jar
> [INFO] 
> [INFO] --- build-helper-maven-plugin:1.5:add-test-source (add-test-source) @ 
> nifi-toolkit-encrypt-config ---
> [INFO] Test Source directory: 
> C:\Users\Joe\AppData\Local\Programs\Git\nifi\nifi-toolkit\nifi-toolkit-encrypt-config\src\test\groovy
>  added.
> [INFO] 
> [INFO] --- maven-resources-plugin:2.7:testResources (default-testResources) @ 
> nifi-toolkit-encrypt-config ---
> [INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
> [INFO] Copying 10 resources
> [INFO] Copying 3 resources
> [INFO] 
> [INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:3.2:testCompile (default-testCompile) @ 
> nifi-toolkit-encrypt-config ---
> [INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
> [INFO] 
> [INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:3.2:testCompile (groovy-tests) @ 
> nifi-toolkit-encrypt-config ---
> [INFO] Changes detected - recompiling the module!
> [INFO] Using Groovy-Eclipse compiler to compile both Java and Groovy files
> [INFO] Found location 
> <C:\Users\Joe\.m2\repository\org\codehaus\groovy\groovy-eclipse-batch\2.4.3-01\groovy-eclipse-batch-2.4.3-01.jar>
>  for className <org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.batch.Main>
> [INFO] no javaAgentClass seems to be set
> [INFO] Compiling in a forked process using 
> C:\Users\Joe\.m2\repository\org\codehaus\groovy\groovy-eclipse-batch\2.4.3-01\groovy-eclipse-batch-2.4.3-01.jar
> [INFO] 
> [INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:3.2:testCompile (default) @ 
> nifi-toolkit-encrypt-config ---
> [INFO] Changes detected - recompiling the module!
> [INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
> [INFO] 
> [INFO] --- maven-surefire-plugin:2.18:test (default-test) @ 
> nifi-toolkit-encrypt-config ---
> [INFO] Surefire report directory: 
> C:\Users\Joe\AppData\Local\Programs\Git\nifi\nifi-toolkit\nifi-toolkit-encrypt-config\target\surefire-reports
> [INFO] Using configured provider 
> org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider
> -------------------------------------------------------
>  T E S T S
> -------------------------------------------------------
> Running org.apache.nifi.properties.ConfigEncryptionToolTest
> Tests run: 47, Failures: 3, Errors: 0, Skipped: 2, Time elapsed: 3.128 sec 
> <<< FAILURE! - in org.apache.nifi.properties.ConfigEncryptionToolTest
> testLoadNiFiPropertiesShouldHandleReadFailureOnWindows(org.apache.nifi.properties.ConfigEncryptionToolTest)
>   Time elapsed: 0.015 sec  <<< FAILURE!
> java.lang.AssertionError: Closure 
> org.apache.nifi.properties.ConfigEncryptionToolTest$_testLoadNiFiPropertiesShouldHandleReadFailureOnWindows_closure25@7ec13984
>  should have failed with an exception of type java.io.IOException
>       at org.junit.Assert.fail(Assert.java:88)
>       at groovy.test.GroovyAssert.shouldFail(GroovyAssert.java:127)
>       at groovy.util.GroovyTestCase.shouldFail(GroovyTestCase.java:222)
>       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>       at 
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
>       at 
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>       at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
>       at 
> org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PogoMetaMethodSite$PogoCachedMethodSiteNoUnwrapNoCoerce.invoke(PogoMetaMethodSite.java:210)
>       at 
> org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PogoMetaMethodSite.callCurrent(PogoMetaMethodSite.java:59)
>       at 
> org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCallCurrent(CallSiteArray.java:52)
>       at 
> org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callCurrent(AbstractCallSite.java:154)
>       at 
> org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callCurrent(AbstractCallSite.java:174)
>       at 
> org.apache.nifi.properties.ConfigEncryptionToolTest.testLoadNiFiPropertiesShouldHandleReadFailureOnWindows(ConfigEncryptionToolTest.groovy:686)
> testWriteNiFiPropertiesShouldHandleWriteFailureWhenFileDoesNotExistOnWindows(org.apache.nifi.properties.ConfigEncryptionToolTest)
>   Time elapsed: 0.015 sec  <<< FAILURE!
> java.lang.AssertionError: Closure 
> org.apache.nifi.properties.ConfigEncryptionToolTest$_testWriteNiFiPropertiesShouldHandleWriteFailureWhenFileDoesNotExistOnWindows_closure45@1a84a8b2
>  should have failed with an exception of type java.io.IOException
>       at org.junit.Assert.fail(Assert.java:88)
>       at groovy.test.GroovyAssert.shouldFail(GroovyAssert.java:127)
>       at groovy.util.GroovyTestCase.shouldFail(GroovyTestCase.java:222)
>       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>       at 
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
>       at 
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>       at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
>       at 
> org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PogoMetaMethodSite$PogoCachedMethodSiteNoUnwrapNoCoerce.invoke(PogoMetaMethodSite.java:210)
>       at 
> org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PogoMetaMethodSite.callCurrent(PogoMetaMethodSite.java:59)
>       at 
> org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCallCurrent(CallSiteArray.java:52)
>       at 
> org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callCurrent(AbstractCallSite.java:154)
>       at 
> org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callCurrent(AbstractCallSite.java:174)
>       at 
> org.apache.nifi.properties.ConfigEncryptionToolTest.testWriteNiFiPropertiesShouldHandleWriteFailureWhenFileDoesNotExistOnWindows(ConfigEncryptionToolTest.groovy:1280)
> testShouldSerializeNiFiProperties(org.apache.nifi.properties.ConfigEncryptionToolTest)
>   Time elapsed: 0.033 sec  <<< FAILURE!
> org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.powerassert.PowerAssertionError: assert 
> lines.contains("${key}=${properties.getProperty(key)}".toString())
>        |     |           |      |          |           |      |
>        |     false       key    |          value       key    key=value
>        |                        StandardNiFiProperties instance with 2 
> properties
>        [#Wed Aug 24 13:18:15 GMT-05:00 2016
>        , key=value
>        , key2=value2
>        ]
>       at 
> org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper.assertFailed(InvokerHelper.java:402)
>       at 
> org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.assertFailed(ScriptBytecodeAdapter.java:650)
>       at 
> org.apache.nifi.properties.ConfigEncryptionToolTest$_testShouldSerializeNiFiProperties_closure33.doCall(ConfigEncryptionToolTest.groovy:977)
>       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>       at 
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
>       at 
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>       at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
>       at 
> org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedMethod.invoke(CachedMethod.java:93)
>       at groovy.lang.MetaMethod.doMethodInvoke(MetaMethod.java:325)
>       at 
> org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.ClosureMetaClass.invokeMethod(ClosureMetaClass.java:294)
>       at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:1019)
>       at 
> org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PogoMetaClassSite.call(PogoMetaClassSite.java:42)
>       at 
> org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCall(CallSiteArray.java:48)
>       at 
> org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:113)
>       at 
> org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.BooleanReturningMethodInvoker.invoke(BooleanReturningMethodInvoker.java:51)
>       at 
> org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.BooleanClosureWrapper.call(BooleanClosureWrapper.java:53)
>       at 
> org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.DefaultGroovyMethods.every(DefaultGroovyMethods.java:2228)
>       at 
> org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.DefaultGroovyMethods.every(DefaultGroovyMethods.java:2249)
>       at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.dgm$185.invoke(Unknown Source)
>       at 
> org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PojoMetaMethodSite$PojoMetaMethodSiteNoUnwrapNoCoerce.invoke(PojoMetaMethodSite.java:274)
>       at 
> org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PojoMetaMethodSite.call(PojoMetaMethodSite.java:56)
>       at 
> org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCall(CallSiteArray.java:48)
>       at 
> org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:113)
>       at 
> org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:125)
>       at 
> org.apache.nifi.properties.ConfigEncryptionToolTest.testShouldSerializeNiFiProperties(ConfigEncryptionToolTest.groovy:976)
> Results :
> Failed tests: 
>   
> ConfigEncryptionToolTest.testLoadNiFiPropertiesShouldHandleReadFailureOnWindows:686->GroovyTestCase.shouldFail:222
>  Closure 
> org.apache.nifi.properties.ConfigEncryptionToolTest$_testLoadNiFiPropertiesShouldHandleReadFailureOnWindows_closure25@7ec13984
>  should have failed with an exception of type java.io.IOException
>   ConfigEncryptionToolTest.testShouldSerializeNiFiProperties:976 assert 
> lines.contains("${key}=${properties.getProperty(key)}".toString())
>        |     |           |      |          |           |      |
>        |     false       key    |          value       key    key=value
>        |                        StandardNiFiProperties instance with 2 
> properties
>        [#Wed Aug 24 13:18:15 GMT-05:00 2016
>        , key=value
>        , key2=value2
>        ]
>   
> ConfigEncryptionToolTest.testWriteNiFiPropertiesShouldHandleWriteFailureWhenFileDoesNotExistOnWindows:1280->GroovyTestCase.shouldFail:222
>  Closure 
> org.apache.nifi.properties.ConfigEncryptionToolTest$_testWriteNiFiPropertiesShouldHandleWriteFailureWhenFileDoesNotExistOnWindows_closure45@1a84a8b2
>  should have failed with an exception of type java.io.IOException
> Tests run: 47, Failures: 3, Errors: 0, Skipped: 2
> [INFO] 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [INFO] BUILD FAILURE
> [INFO] 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [INFO] Total time: 11.771 s
> [INFO] Finished at: 2016-08-24T13:18:16-05:00
> [INFO] Final Memory: 24M/416M
> [INFO] 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal 
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.18:test (default-test) on 
> project nifi-toolkit-encrypt-config: There are test failures.
> [ERROR] 
> [ERROR] Please refer to 
> C:\Users\Joe\AppData\Local\Programs\Git\nifi\nifi-toolkit\nifi-toolkit-encrypt-config\target\surefire-reports
>  for the individual test results.
> [ERROR] -> [Help 1]
> [ERROR] 
> [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e 
> switch.
> [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
> [ERROR] 
> [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please 
> read the following articles:
> [ERROR] [Help 1] 
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException
> {code}



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Reply via email to