https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=124202

--- Comment #10 from ARMIN P DENGHAN <arminpourdehg...@gmail.com> ---

Environment: Windows 10 
Open Office 4.1.2 build: AOO412m3 (Build: 9782) - Rev. 1709699
Windows snapshot build 
Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.2_Win_x86_install_en-US_1709699

Text used to replicate the bug:
https://ar.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D8%B2%D9%87%D8%B1%D8%A9_(%D9%86%D8%A8%D8%A7%D8%AA)
Steps taken to replicate the original report of the bug

  1. Created a new document on open office 
  2. Copied few paragraphs from the wiki page and past to my document 
  3. Highlighted everything and made sure that the text is in "DejaVu Sans"
font and size 14 
  4. Used the format drop down tool bar on top of the page to clear formatting 
  5. Selected “Format” dropdown at the very top of the page
  6. Selected Style and Format 
  7. Clicked on the heading formats that are provided 

I was unable to replicate the bug and get any square on my text in result of
changing the format however I came across another formatting issue where the
copied text would go out of the frame bound after applying step 4 (clear
formatting) (see attachment)

In addition to the effort of replicating the bug report I have tried the
following steps as well 

  1. Created a new document on open office 
  2. Copied few paragraphs from the wiki page and past to my document 
  3. Highlighted everything and made sure that the text is in "DejaVu Sans"
font and size 14 
  4. Italicize the text  
  5. Used the format drop down tool bar on top of the page to clear formatting
(see attachment)
  6. Selected “Format” dropdown at the very top of the page
  7. Selected Style and Format 
  8. Clicked on the heading formats that are provided 

In this additional test I came across the same problem where the text would go
out of the frame bound but could not replicate the claimed bugs.
Few other tests that I ran in order to replicate the bug was to try different
other fonts and see if the squares appeared depending on different fonts 

  1. Created a new document on open office 
  2. Copied few paragraph from provided wiki page 
  3. Highlighted everything and changed the formatting to heading 2 
  4. Changed the font to weddings 
  5. Changed the font to DejaVu Sans 

After trying the above steps I came across few black squares and that only
happened if you first choice your formatting (Heading 2, Heading 3 and …) and
then change the format to Webdings (see attachment)
There appeared few extra space between each character of an string in a stance
after changing the format to DejaVu Sans (see attachment)

Overall the original claims could not be replicated, I’ve tried to follow each
step and add few of my own and try different combination formatting and font
selections. I was able to find few other bugs within the formatting and fonts
when trying to use Arabic language in open office as they have been described
and all the files and pictures have been attached and name accordingly.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the issue.
You are on the CC list for the issue.

Reply via email to