zhang-arvin commented on issue #9993:
URL: https://github.com/apache/paimon/issues/9993#issuecomment-5770606408

   Hi @zhang-arvin here — I'd like to work on this.
   
   Root cause matches what I see in the tree: `SchemaMergingUtils` merges every 
field type and carries the existing `primaryKeys` / `partitionKeys` name lists 
through without validating protected columns, so the automatic merge path can 
widen a key column that explicit `ALTER TABLE` refuses. Plan: surface the same 
protected-field validation used by the explicit schema-change path, reject 
key/partition type changes before the merged schema is committed, and keep 
non-key widening behaviour unchanged. I'll add a test covering the INT -> 
BIGINT key case from the report.
   
   Please assign this to me if that's convenient; otherwise I'll follow the 
issue and open a PR shortly.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to