CloudMarc opened a new pull request, #4971:
URL: https://github.com/apache/solr/pull/4971

   to Jersey context
   
   # Description
   
   AdminCmdContext's 3-arg constructor unconditionally dereferenced its 
SolrQueryRequest argument to read the calling-lock-id header. 
   
   When a V2 collection-admin request fails before V2HttpCall attaches a 
SolrQueryRequest to the Jersey request context (see SOLR-18324), req is null 
and the constructor throws an NPE instead of the recoverable error the caller 
was already handling.
   
   # Solution
   
   Guard the dereference the same way SOLR-18324's fix guarded the other call 
sites in this class of bug.
   
   # Tests
   
   Tests are added to this PR which reproduce the issue and validate the fix.
   
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-18487
   
   # Checklist
   
   Please review the following and check all that apply:
   
   - [X] I have reviewed the guidelines for [How to 
Contribute](https://github.com/apache/solr/blob/main/CONTRIBUTING.md) and my 
code conforms to the standards described there to the best of my ability.
   - [X] I have created a Jira issue and added the issue ID to my pull request 
title.
   - [X] I have given Solr maintainers 
[access](https://help.github.com/en/articles/allowing-changes-to-a-pull-request-branch-created-from-a-fork)
 to contribute to my PR branch. (optional but recommended, not available for 
branches on forks living under an organisation)
   - [X] I have developed this patch against the `main` branch.
   - [X] I have run `./gradlew check`.
   - [X] I have added tests for my changes.
   - [  ] I have added documentation for the [Reference 
Guide](https://github.com/apache/solr/tree/main/solr/solr-ref-guide)
   - [X] I have added a [changelog 
entry](https://github.com/apache/solr/blob/main/dev-docs/changelog.adoc) for my 
change
   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to