serhiy-bzhezytskyy opened a new pull request, #5005: URL: https://github.com/apache/solr/pull/5005
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-18495 # Description Names inside URLs and paths in the Ref Guide were written as `_core_name_`, `<collection>`, `collection_name`, `YOUR_COLLECTION` or a literal like `my_collection`, so nothing in the URL said it was meant to be replaced. # Solution They are now `{collectionName}`, `{coreName}`, and so on, the same names the V2 API uses for its path parameters, and About This Guide says what the braces mean. Names a page defines itself (`bin/solr create -c mycollection` and the URLs after it) and CLI arguments are unchanged; `implicit-requesthandlers.adoc` follows once #4928 is in. The braces are escaped (`\{x}`) in prose and tables and plain in `[source]` blocks, where a backslash would be printed. That also fixes `\{string_field}` in the three XML examples of `document-enrichment-with-llms.adoc`. Written with Claude Code. # Tests Full ref-guide build and link check (`:solr:solr-ref-guide:buildLocalAntoraSite` and `checkSiteLinks`) pass, and the built pages show the new names with no stray backslash. # Checklist - [x] I have reviewed the guidelines for [How to Contribute](https://github.com/apache/solr/blob/main/CONTRIBUTING.md) and my code conforms to the standards described there to the best of my ability. - [x] I have created a Jira issue and added the issue ID to my pull request title. - [x] I have given Solr maintainers [access](https://help.github.com/en/articles/allowing-changes-to-a-pull-request-branch-created-from-a-fork) to contribute to my PR branch. (optional but recommended, not available for branches on forks living under an organisation) - [x] I have developed this patch against the `main` branch. - [ ] I have run `./gradlew check`. - [ ] I have added tests for my changes. - [x] I have added documentation for the [Reference Guide](https://github.com/apache/solr/tree/main/solr/solr-ref-guide) - [ ] I have added a [changelog entry](https://github.com/apache/solr/blob/main/dev-docs/changelog.adoc) for my change -- This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service. To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the URL above to go to the specific comment. To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at: [email protected] --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]
