serhiy-bzhezytskyy opened a new pull request, #5044:
URL: https://github.com/apache/solr/pull/5044

   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-18518
   
   # Description
   
   Adds the picocli code path for `bin/solr snapshot-create`, 
`snapshot-delete`, `snapshot-describe`, `snapshot-export` and `snapshot-list`, 
next to the commons-cli one.
   
   # Solution
   
   Each tool gets its annotated options and `callTool()` and is registered in 
`SolrCLI`; the commons-cli path is unchanged. They share one 
`CLIUtils.resolveSolrUrl` for the connection, in the same order as under 
commons-cli. The Ref Guide page generator took titles and nav labels from 
splitting the file name on `-`, which turned `snapshot-create` into "snapshot 
create" next to the real `create`; it now looks for the parent among the 
generated pages, and the existing pages come out unchanged. Written with Claude 
Code.
   
   # Tests
   
   `SnapshotToolsTest` runs create, list, describe and delete through the 
command line, and `SnapshotToolsPicocliTest` through picocli. 
`SnapshotExportToolTest` goes through the same hook, with 
`SnapshotExportToolPicocliTest`. `check -x test` is clean (rat skipped).
   
   # Checklist
   
   - [x] I have reviewed the guidelines for [How to 
Contribute](https://github.com/apache/solr/blob/main/CONTRIBUTING.md) and my 
code conforms to the standards described there to the best of my ability.
   - [x] I have created a Jira issue and added the issue ID to my pull request 
title.
   - [x] I have given Solr maintainers 
[access](https://help.github.com/en/articles/allowing-changes-to-a-pull-request-branch-created-from-a-fork)
 to contribute to my PR branch. (optional but recommended, not available for 
branches on forks living under an organisation)
   - [x] I have developed this patch against the `main` branch.
   - [ ] I have run `./gradlew check`.
   - [x] I have added tests for my changes.
   - [x] I have added documentation for the [Reference 
Guide](https://github.com/apache/solr/tree/main/solr/solr-ref-guide)
   - [x] I have added a [changelog 
entry](https://github.com/apache/solr/blob/main/dev-docs/changelog.adoc) for my 
change
   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to