serhiy-bzhezytskyy opened a new pull request, #5050: URL: https://github.com/apache/solr/pull/5050
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-18517 # Description Adds the picocli code path for `run_example`, which `bin/solr start -e` calls, next to the commons-cli one. # Solution `RunExampleTool` gets its annotated options and `callTool()` and is registered in `SolrCLI`; the commons-cli path is unchanged. The options are the ones the `bin/solr` scripts pass, including `--script-inputs`. The command is only invoked by the scripts, so it is hidden and has no reference page. Written with Claude Code. # Tests `SolrCLIRunExamplePicocliTest` runs the existing `TestSolrCLIRunExample` through picocli, and checks that the port and `--zk-host` defaults come from the properties. With `SOLR_PICOCLI=true`, `bin/solr start -e techproducts` starts and indexes the example. `check -x test` is clean (rat skipped). # Checklist - [x] I have reviewed the guidelines for [How to Contribute](https://github.com/apache/solr/blob/main/CONTRIBUTING.md) and my code conforms to the standards described there to the best of my ability. - [x] I have created a Jira issue and added the issue ID to my pull request title. - [x] I have given Solr maintainers [access](https://help.github.com/en/articles/allowing-changes-to-a-pull-request-branch-created-from-a-fork) to contribute to my PR branch. (optional but recommended, not available for branches on forks living under an organisation) - [x] I have developed this patch against the `main` branch. - [ ] I have run `./gradlew check`. - [x] I have added tests for my changes. - [ ] I have added documentation for the [Reference Guide](https://github.com/apache/solr/tree/main/solr/solr-ref-guide) - [x] I have added a [changelog entry](https://github.com/apache/solr/blob/main/dev-docs/changelog.adoc) for my change -- This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service. To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the URL above to go to the specific comment. To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at: [email protected] --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]
