kotman12 commented on PR #4974:
URL: https://github.com/apache/solr/pull/4974#issuecomment-6092837163

   > I didn't have a specific approach in mind to make it adjunct; it wasn't an 
entirely thought-out idea.
   > 
   > This issue is related to #3428 / #3695 . If it gets reverted, then that 
provides a way for a client who uses the async API to abort the requests it 
sends without aborting the entire client.
   
   And the problem of course with aborting sync requests (instead of the entire 
client) is that you don't have an easy way to propagate to the request from the 
call site. I figured aborting the client is ok to do for IF. Though I can see 
if we can do it another way. I just figured the client is lightweight and IF 
isn't a very tight loop 


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to