[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-25080?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16575966#comment-16575966
 ] 

Hyukjin Kwon commented on SPARK-25080:
--------------------------------------

Can you provide input / output / code / expected output?

> NPE in HiveShim$.toCatalystDecimal(HiveShim.scala:110)
> ------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: SPARK-25080
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-25080
>             Project: Spark
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>          Components: Input/Output
>    Affects Versions: 2.3.1
>         Environment: AWS EMR
>            Reporter: Andrew K Long
>            Priority: Minor
>
> NPE while reading hive table.
>  
> ```
> Caused by: org.apache.spark.SparkException: Job aborted due to stage failure: 
> Task 1190 in stage 392.0 failed 4 times, most recent failure: Lost task 
> 1190.3 in stage 392.0 (TID 122055, ip-172-31-32-196.ec2.internal, executor 
> 487): java.lang.NullPointerException
> at org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HiveShim$.toCatalystDecimal(HiveShim.scala:110)
> at 
> org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HadoopTableReader$$anonfun$14$$anonfun$apply$11.apply(TableReader.scala:414)
> at 
> org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HadoopTableReader$$anonfun$14$$anonfun$apply$11.apply(TableReader.scala:413)
> at 
> org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HadoopTableReader$$anonfun$fillObject$2.apply(TableReader.scala:442)
> at 
> org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HadoopTableReader$$anonfun$fillObject$2.apply(TableReader.scala:433)
> at scala.collection.Iterator$$anon$11.next(Iterator.scala:409)
> at scala.collection.Iterator$$anon$11.next(Iterator.scala:409)
> at 
> org.apache.spark.sql.execution.UnsafeExternalRowSorter.sort(UnsafeExternalRowSorter.java:217)
> at 
> org.apache.spark.sql.execution.exchange.ShuffleExchangeExec$$anonfun$2.apply(ShuffleExchangeExec.scala:294)
> at 
> org.apache.spark.sql.execution.exchange.ShuffleExchangeExec$$anonfun$2.apply(ShuffleExchangeExec.scala:265)
> at 
> org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD$$anonfun$mapPartitionsInternal$1$$anonfun$apply$25.apply(RDD.scala:830)
> at 
> org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD$$anonfun$mapPartitionsInternal$1$$anonfun$apply$25.apply(RDD.scala:830)
> at org.apache.spark.rdd.MapPartitionsRDD.compute(MapPartitionsRDD.scala:38)
> at org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD.computeOrReadCheckpoint(RDD.scala:324)
> at org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD.iterator(RDD.scala:288)
> at org.apache.spark.rdd.MapPartitionsRDD.compute(MapPartitionsRDD.scala:38)
> at org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD.computeOrReadCheckpoint(RDD.scala:324)
> at org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD.iterator(RDD.scala:288)
> at org.apache.spark.scheduler.ShuffleMapTask.runTask(ShuffleMapTask.scala:96)
> at org.apache.spark.scheduler.ShuffleMapTask.runTask(ShuffleMapTask.scala:53)
> at org.apache.spark.scheduler.Task.run(Task.scala:109)
> at org.apache.spark.executor.Executor$TaskRunner.run(Executor.scala:345)
> at 
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
> at 
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
>  
> Driver stacktrace:
> at 
> org.apache.spark.scheduler.DAGScheduler.org$apache$spark$scheduler$DAGScheduler$$failJobAndIndependentStages(DAGScheduler.scala:1753)
> at 
> org.apache.spark.scheduler.DAGScheduler$$anonfun$abortStage$1.apply(DAGScheduler.scala:1741)
> at 
> org.apache.spark.scheduler.DAGScheduler$$anonfun$abortStage$1.apply(DAGScheduler.scala:1740)
> at 
> scala.collection.mutable.ResizableArray$class.foreach(ResizableArray.scala:59)
> at scala.collection.mutable.ArrayBuffer.foreach(ArrayBuffer.scala:48)
> at org.apache.spark.scheduler.DAGScheduler.abortStage(DAGScheduler.scala:1740)
> at 
> org.apache.spark.scheduler.DAGScheduler$$anonfun$handleTaskSetFailed$1.apply(DAGScheduler.scala:871)
> at 
> org.apache.spark.scheduler.DAGScheduler$$anonfun$handleTaskSetFailed$1.apply(DAGScheduler.scala:871)
> at scala.Option.foreach(Option.scala:257)
> at 
> org.apache.spark.scheduler.DAGScheduler.handleTaskSetFailed(DAGScheduler.scala:871)
> at 
> org.apache.spark.scheduler.DAGSchedulerEventProcessLoop.doOnReceive(DAGScheduler.scala:1974)
> at 
> org.apache.spark.scheduler.DAGSchedulerEventProcessLoop.onReceive(DAGScheduler.scala:1923)
> at 
> org.apache.spark.scheduler.DAGSchedulerEventProcessLoop.onReceive(DAGScheduler.scala:1912)
> at org.apache.spark.util.EventLoop$$anon$1.run(EventLoop.scala:48)
> at org.apache.spark.scheduler.DAGScheduler.runJob(DAGScheduler.scala:682)
> at org.apache.spark.SparkContext.runJob(SparkContext.scala:2034)
> at 
> org.apache.spark.sql.execution.datasources.FileFormatWriter$.write(FileFormatWriter.scala:194)
> ... 67 more
> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
> at org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HiveShim$.toCatalystDecimal(HiveShim.scala:110)
> at 
> org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HadoopTableReader$$anonfun$14$$anonfun$apply$11.apply(TableReader.scala:414)
> at 
> org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HadoopTableReader$$anonfun$14$$anonfun$apply$11.apply(TableReader.scala:413)
> at 
> org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HadoopTableReader$$anonfun$fillObject$2.apply(TableReader.scala:442)
> at 
> org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HadoopTableReader$$anonfun$fillObject$2.apply(TableReader.scala:433)
> at scala.collection.Iterator$$anon$11.next(Iterator.scala:409)
> at scala.collection.Iterator$$anon$11.next(Iterator.scala:409)
> at 
> org.apache.spark.sql.execution.UnsafeExternalRowSorter.sort(UnsafeExternalRowSorter.java:217)
> at 
> org.apache.spark.sql.execution.exchange.ShuffleExchangeExec$$anonfun$2.apply(ShuffleExchangeExec.scala:294)
> at 
> org.apache.spark.sql.execution.exchange.ShuffleExchangeExec$$anonfun$2.apply(ShuffleExchangeExec.scala:265)
> at 
> org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD$$anonfun$mapPartitionsInternal$1$$anonfun$apply$25.apply(RDD.scala:830)
> at 
> org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD$$anonfun$mapPartitionsInternal$1$$anonfun$apply$25.apply(RDD.scala:830)
> at org.apache.spark.rdd.MapPartitionsRDD.compute(MapPartitionsRDD.scala:38)
> at org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD.computeOrReadCheckpoint(RDD.scala:324)
> at org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD.iterator(RDD.scala:288)
> at org.apache.spark.rdd.MapPartitionsRDD.compute(MapPartitionsRDD.scala:38)
> at org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD.computeOrReadCheckpoint(RDD.scala:324)
> at org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD.iterator(RDD.scala:288)
> at org.apache.spark.scheduler.ShuffleMapTask.runTask(ShuffleMapTask.scala:96)
> at org.apache.spark.scheduler.ShuffleMapTask.runTask(ShuffleMapTask.scala:53)
> at org.apache.spark.scheduler.Task.run(Task.scala:109)
> at org.apache.spark.executor.Executor$TaskRunner.run(Executor.scala:345)
> ... 3 more
> ```



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v7.6.3#76005)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: issues-unsubscr...@spark.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: issues-h...@spark.apache.org

Reply via email to