[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YUNIKORN-2373?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=17812691#comment-17812691
 ] 

Peter Bacsko edited comment on YUNIKORN-2373 at 1/31/24 12:45 PM:
------------------------------------------------------------------

[~wilfreds] I realized that we send REQUEST type events if an ask is 
unschedulable (quota).
Shall we keep this for other events as well? I think it's useful to send these 
events to K8s so they will be shown as pod events.

The predicate failure is a different thing, I'm planning to use rate limiting 
for that one with a new ChangeDetail (eg. 
{{si.EventRecord_APP_PREDICATEFAILED}}), but can be sent to the pods as well. 
In fact, this can help debugging (although it's already part of the allocation 
log).


was (Author: pbacsko):
[~wilfreds] I realized that send REQUEST type events if an ask is unschedulable 
(quota).
Shall we keep this for other events as well? I think it's useful to send these 
events to K8s so they will be shown as pod events.

The predicate failure is a different thing, I'm planning to use rate limiting 
for that one with a new EventDetail, but can be sent to the pods as well. In 
fact, this can help debugging (although it's already part of the allocation 
log).

> Extend EventRecord type with ask and user/group related data
> ------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: YUNIKORN-2373
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YUNIKORN-2373
>             Project: Apache YuniKorn
>          Issue Type: Sub-task
>          Components: scheduler-interface
>            Reporter: Peter Bacsko
>            Assignee: Peter Bacsko
>            Priority: Major
>
> We want to generate the following events:
> * Unschedulable ask - not enough queue headroom 
> * Unschedulable ask - not enough user quota
> * There is enough queue headroom for the ask
> * There is enough user quota for the ask
> * Unschedulable ask - predicate failure
> Update SI constants with new event details.
> Also, we need to emit UG-related events. So {{si.EventRecord}} needs to 
> contain "user" and "group" fields.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian Jira
(v8.20.10#820010)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to