The Natural Science Department at Joliet Junior College, Joliet, Illinois is pleased to be the host for the fall 2001 meeting of the Illinois Section of the American Association of Physics Teachers on October 26-27, 2001.  This is a joint meeting with the Chicago section of AAPT.

The program includes invited talks by Alicia Torres, David Vernier, Ruth Howes, Chris Chiaverina, John Hubisz, David Maloney and Larry Martin.  Also there will be six workshops presented on Friday, Oct. 26 with the following titles:

   "PER-based Problem Solving"
      "LabPro"
         "FrontPage"
            "Blackboard Course Management"
               "WebAssign"
                  "Workshop/Demonstration of the Joliet Junior College Planetarium"

Further information including Online Call for Papers and Online Registration is available at our Web site:

       http://helios.augustana.edu/isaapt

As my schedule permits, I hope to add to these Web pages later today, providing further details on the workshops and the invited talks.

Please note that this e-mail is being sent to 170 members of the Illinois section by Bcc (blind carbon copy) so that the e-mail addresses are not revealed.  This is a recommended procedure to help minimize spam although I will be quick to add that this particular list does not contains the names of any vendors.

I hope to see many of you at the meeting.  It should be an exciting event.

David Renneke, Webmaster of ISAAPT
Department of Physics and Astronomy
Augustana College
Rock Island, IL 61201