The WGBH series "Evolution: A Journey Into Where We're From and Where We
Are Going" will spark many conversations about the teaching of evolution in
our schools. I have been asked by a local PBS station to share an
educator's point of view about this controversy. I am asking for your
input. Do you teach evolution every year? Are there situations in which you
choose not to teach evolution? Do you discuss "Creationism" in your
classroom? Do you feel pressures from ISBE, your school community
(including the school board), media, and/or parents to teach evolution,
creationism, or both? And, finally, the question that was asked directly to
me...If you choose not to teach evolution are you worried that your
students will not do well in testing programs (e.g., PSAE, SAT)?  Thanks
for your thoughtful response to these questions. Be well and enjoy!

Kevin Seymour
Staff Development Consultant
ROE SchoolWorks
200 S. Fredrick