Hello,

I've been using offlineimap now for years. On one computer,
offlineimap always has had issues with consuming 100% CPU every now
and then. That's a hardware issue with Python. Recently offlineimap
cannot recover from suspend to RAM on any machine, and I've lost some
messages. Therefore I'm experimenting with mbsync now as an
alternative. I'll start with one-way synchronisation ('Sync Pull)
first. If that seems to work, I'll introduce two-way synchronisation
in small steps.

I'm experimenting with mbsync for my Google Mail account now. It does
work for the INBOX and for labeled folders, but it ignores the Google
Mail specific folders likes Drafts, Import and Sent Mail.

In offlineimap, synchronisation with Google Mail results in maildirs
named '[Google Mail].Drafts', ' [Google Mail].Important' and '[Google
Mail].Sent Mail'. This is different from samples for mbsync I find on
the web, that are using patterns like '[Gmail]/*'. I think the use of
'Google Mail' is a country-specific setting.

I experimented with Pattern and Patterns settings, but whatever I try,
I cannot get it working. Below the relevant parts from my .mbsyncrc
file with the simplest pattern that works for everything except the
Google Mail specific folders.

=====

IMAPAccount GoogleMail
Host imap.gmail.com
User <my Google Mail email address>
UseIMAPS yes

# CertificateFile entries

IMAPStore GoogleMail-remote
Account GoogleMail

MaildirStore GoogleMail-local
Path ~/GoogleMailNew/
Inbox ~/GoogleMailNew/INBOX

Channel gmail
Master :GoogleMail-remote:
Slave :GoogleMail-local:
Pattern *
Create Slave
Expunge Slave
Sync Pull

=====

Now, if I run 'mbsync gmail' on the command line, mbsync first asks
for a password and then updates the INBOX folder and the folders for
specific labels that I created in Google Mail. But it doesn't create
the '[Google Mail].Drafts', ' [Google Mail].Important' and '[Google
Mail].Sent Mail' folders I need. In my Google Mail IMAP settings I
already selected the folders I want to expose to IMAP, so I'm
perfectly happy with a pattern that gives me all Google Mail specific
folders.

What do I need to change in my .mbsyncrc file to make that work?

Thanks,

Fred