Dear Business Partner,

Please send me the suitable resumes along with contact details and rate on
c2c of your consultants for the following positions.
*NOTE: Position is not with our direct client.*

Unix Engineer

Chicago, IL *
*

*It is a contract position for 6 months*.

Please submit any candidates that have experience with RedHat Linux,
experience with server installation and troubleshooting.

*Job Description*

- Evaluation and configuration of Linux servers and related technology.

This includes physical installation of equipment, OS and software
installation, cabling, physically disassembling / reassembling equipment,
and so on.
- Troubleshooting Linux and network issues
- Micro-benchmarking of applications and server technology
- Writing scripts to automate common tasks
- Documentation, including web site configuration, status reports, and so
on.
- Assist with tracking/managing inventory and purchase orders for lab
equipment, including returns of eval equipment to vendors.
- Assist developers with debugging Java code
- Handle ad-hoc customer support requests related to the lab

*
*

*Additional Skills:*

- Candidate must have experience with Linux (Red Hat preferred) and
scripting (shell or Perl or Python) as well as an understanding of basic
networking concepts. Java experience is a plus.
- Candidate must also be comfortable occasionally lifting computer equipment
for installation in, or removal from, racks in the lab