only gc or usc
*Location*: San Antonio, TX
*Duration*: Direct hire/permanent
*Mode of interview*: prefer in person but phone/skype may work
The *Senior WebSphere Engineer* will be a member of the systems management
support team. This position is a senior technical resource whose
responsibilities include project, configuration, development and technical
systems management skills. This role is also responsible for the technical
performance and systems management of multiple Internet/Intranet or
distributed systems environment including hardware, operating system,
middleware, database, server administration tools and application server
Systems management responsibilities include: incident management; daily
monitoring; fault isolation and resolution; security management; backup and
recovery; systems integration support; and change management. The technical
performance management responsibilities include: performance
analysis/tuning; interaction with telecommunications assessing network
performance relative to the systems supported; systems architecture
analysis; critical business application (Internet, Intranet or Client
Server) performance assessment and capacity planning. Special projects
assistance will also be required providing systems administration support
when implementing new functionality supporting business area requirements.
The primary hardware platforms supported include IBM Pseries and Xseries
servers. The primary database platforms supported include IBM DB2 and
Microsoft SQL Server.
*Skills & Experience Required:*
· *3+ years’ experience with Websphere (versions 6.x, 7.x and 8.x )*
· *3+ years’ experience with JBOSS/WebLogic a plus*
· *Extensive experience with AIX, Solaris and Linux a Plus*
· Experience in developing and supporting high volume and high
availability Internet, Intranet and Client/Server systems.
· Experience in developing and supporting Client/Server systems.
· Experience with hardware platforms including IBM Pseries and
· Experience in server networking with TCP/IP and systems
integration through networking concepts.
· Experience with operating system and application user account
· Experience with script writing to automate recurring tasks
improving operational efficiency.
· Understanding system performance configuration and tuning
· Technical documentation skills are required.
· Experience with network printing utilities. Configuration and
· Experience with basic UNIX commands such as the ability to create
and troubleshoot shell scripts, file system navigation, including
creating/removing/changing file systems and Editing and/or creating files
using the VI editor and other command line file manipulation utilities.
· Experience with automated monitoring tools a plus.
· Strong customer focus and management of client expectations;
ability to establish a high level of user trust and confidence in IT's
knowledge of and concern for users' business needs.
· Demonstrated experience working well with IT customers of varying
levels of technical expertise in high-pressure situations and complex
· Perform work at a high technical level with an advanced systems
· Successfully worked with end users to develop effective solutions
to diverse and complex business problems.
· Demonstrated initiative, good judgment, and the ability to
achieve results through others.
Successfully developed and implemented new technology and work processes.
· Perform project activities and regularly assist other project
personnel to ensure business application systems are developed in a way
that complies with architectural standards and established methodologies.
· Perform systems management functions including incident
management, fault isolation and resolution, security management, and
systems and network integration. Participates in on-call support as
required. Provides technical leadership regarding systems configuration
management, troubleshooting and system s management methodologies and
· Optimize the technical performance and capacity characteristics
of application system operating environments using advanced testing
techniques such as predictive, stress, load and performance testing. (10%)
· Provide leadership and ensure controlled administration of
changes supporting the systems operating environment. (5%)
· Perform system installations, refreshes, and upgrades (i.e.
database, operating system, and application). (10%)
· Analyze the architectural and cost impact enhancements will have
on the system and make necessary recommendations. (15%)
· Act as mentor to the more junior level System Analysts. Coach
other members of the systems management team on performance management
tricks and techniques, configuration management, and system management
Viewed as an expert in a specific administrative area. Undertakes complex
projects requiring additional specialized technical knowledge. Makes
well-thought-out decisions on complex or ambiguous administrative and
support issues. Coordinates with users to determine requirements. Ensures
that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to
increase efficiency. Establishes and communicates common goal and direction
for the team. Although has no direct reports, acts as a resource for
direction, training and guidance for less experienced staff.
Ability to present and explain technical information to diverse types of
audiences (management, users, vendors, and technical staff) in a way that
establishes rapport, persuades others, and gain understanding.
- Reports to the Enterprise Team-Technical Team Leadership.
- Interacts with the IT service delivery staff- management and other
business and IT user stakeholders.
- Has contact with vendors, industry peers, and professional associations
to keep informed of existing and evolving industry standards and
· Willing to work a flexible work schedule (6-3, 7-4, 8-5, 9-6
· Willing to work in a 24x7 on-call rotation, including weekends
and after hours
· Proactive, self-starter, detail oriented, willing to learn
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
with managers, peers, application development teams and external suppliers
· Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
· Willing to travel up to 3 to 4 times a year.
Full Name of the Consultant
Currently on a project:
Total years of experience:
Available to join from:
SSN(last 4) #
*Thanks and Regards,*
*1851 McCarthy Blvd. Suite 116, Milpitas, CA 95035*
*408-459-1535 Web: **www.idctechnologies.com*
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "IT
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/it-recuriter.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.