*Title : SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER*
*Loction : Tempe, Arizona (Phoenix, AZ)*
*Duration : 6+ *

*JD:*

Client leads the industry in design, service and innovation. Our wide range
of personalized products helps celebrate life's important moments.
We achieve this through cutting-edge technology, uncompromising service and
high-quality products that are beautiful and unique.
We have an exclusive network of top designers and loyal customers that
include celebrities and style mavens everywhere.
We are currently looking for a Systems Engineer to join our Phoenix, AZ
team.

*Responsibilities:*

Ensure uptime and performance of production website and servers
Build and maintain large scale Linux/Unix/Windows infrastructure, storage
and services
Ensure best practices are followed for security, monitoring, and reporting
Troubleshoot and resolve production issues
Lead and be a part of capacity planning and load testing process
Develop and maintain tools and documentation
Participate in on-call rotation

*Experience Required:*

4+ years of paid experience working in a medium to large scale 24x7
production Windows/Linux/Unix environment (not corporate IT)
Familiarity with administration of virtualization technologies in general,
VMWare a plus.  (vSphere, ESX/ESXi, vCenter, vRealize Operations/Automation)
Kernel, system, application and/or storage performance tuning experience
(we will ask)
Able to converse in Perl/Python and shell a plus; other languages welcome
Ability to build automated and scalable processes using Perl and/or Python
Open-source software deployment and customization experience preferred;
customization against enterprise software a plus
Can figure just about anything out under pressure
Can make any cross-functional project succeed with dogged determinism
A self-starter and highly motivated individual is required
Large scale, high volume, storage and SAN experience a plus – FC, SCSI,
NFS, FCIP, Veritas VM, VxFS, ZFS
Solid understanding of TCP/IP; leverages networking principles (L2/L3, STP)
to solve complicated problems
Token list of applications/protocols (or similar) you should have more than
a clue about: Apache, BIND, Nagios, Tomcat, Graphite, Bonnie, iozone,
Squid, Postfix, memcached… OK the list goes on, but you get the point

--
*Thanks and Regards*
*Tajinder Raiger*