*Job title: java** developer*
*Location: **Harrisburg PA*
*Position type:** 6 month contract-to-hire*
*C2c rates:** $50/hr*
*Requirements:** MUST BE A USC OR GC*
*JOB PURPOSE AND SUMMARY *
The Developer is responsible for using approved programming languages,
operating systems and source code to create, enhance, and maintain
application solutions that meet the identified functional and
non-functional business requirements. Mapped to project teams in Grow/
Transform, Run/ Production Support, and Commercial-off-the-Shelf (COTS),
this role will code, analyze, document, configure, unit test, maintain and
*PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES *
*Development (95%) *
- Code/build application solutions from specifications provided by
Requirements Analysts and Application Integration Architect.
- Develop and execute unit tests and functional test coverage for
assigned coding changes to ensure code quality.
- Perform testing of application software modifications utilizing
various programming platforms and productivity tools and review results for
- Perform coding and testing in multiple systems and/or processes.
- Follow processes and procedures to ensure the quality of technical
- Lead and/or provide assistance with presentations in code reviews.
- Participate in broader technical reviews used to detect defects in
requirements, design, code, test cases, or other project artifacts.
- Perform documentation of all code changes.
- Support Senior Developers in compiling detailed activity task
management including recording work effort and providing estimates of time
to complete tasks.
- Support Senior Developers in the design and development of proof of
concept and prototype application environments.
- Develop and maintain code repositories according to established
version management approaches and methods as defined.
- Follow code construction fundamentals for coding practices, guideline
for use of data, control-related concepts, and error-detection practices
- Assist in identification and evaluation of risks; participate in
mitigation and control activities.
- Provide on-call support in support of systems and applications in
- Perform production support activities including incident and problem
management, code corrections, upgrades and patches.
*OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (5%) *
- Remain current on industry specific technologies and emerging trends.
- Other duties as assigned.
*EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE *Minimum Qualification: Bachelor's Degree in
Information Technology/MIS, Engineering, or related field and three plus
years of programing experience or the equivalent combination of skills,
experience, and certification with experience.
- Experience with programming languages.
- Experience with Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP), Representational
State Transfer (REST), Application Programming Interface (API) Management,
and Java Enterprise Edition (Java EE).
- Understanding of system behaviors and functionality.
- Experience designing, building and supporting high-performing Java EE
- Demonstrated experience developing mainframe applications.
- Experience with implementing Web Services.
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies
- Knowledge of software engineering, design, and testing.
- Experience with Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Experience with relational and Not Only SQL (NOSQL) databases.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
*732- 837- 2138*
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "it
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/it-req.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.