Just a curiosity: you could compute the average incrementally: <
https://math.stackexchange.com/questions/106700/incremental-averageing>,
but doing it the usual way is probably more efficient and with smaller
numeric error when using floats.

Slightly off-topic question: oftentimes I have to use map-like iterators.
Is there a good way to use such iterators in conjunction with iter? An
obvious way would be something like:

    (iter (repeat 1) (mapc (lambda (x) (collect x)) '(1 2 3)))

The (iter (repeat 1) ...) bit could be hidden under a macro, I suppose. But
it'd be nicer if collect were a function, so I could do (mapc #'collect '(1
2 3)). Perhaps said macro could rewrite #'clause to (lambda (x)
(expansion-of-clause x)) or something similar. Looks like a fun idea to
explore so I'm wondering if someone's played with something like this
before.

(It's even more fun to turn map-like iterators into generators using
continuations, but that's fully off-topic. :-))

Cheers,
Luís