At present on our iSeries(as400) we use iText/tiff2pdf to create pdf from
scanned tiff documents. We produce thousands of documents per day and this
works perfecty. However because these pdf's should be archived on optical
disks and kept for one year (and because optical media cost a lot) we are
intereted in reducing the final size of the document.
We have been able to port leptionlib and jbig2 on our system and now we can
get a "output.0000" and "output.sym" from a tiff image that is 35 to 60 %
less that a tiff g4 image. Python script can generate a pdf from it, but we
would prefer a java solution. Is there a way to implement iText to include
this jbig2 compressed image  instead of tiff ?
Thanks.
Giuseppe.