Per Bruno's earlier post to this list, iText is moving to PDF-only for
output. The incubator is for related projects that developers might want to
use in conjunction with iText. Whether that means they're dead or alive will
depend, I am sure, on the authors of the various packages.

If Howard Shenk is reading the list, he might be able to tell you/us
directly what involvement he anticipates regarding maintenance and
development of the RTF package.

Regards,

---mr. bean

Chris von See wrote:

> Well, that wasn't quite the answer I had hoped for :/
>
> Will iText RTF support emerge from the incubator at some point in the
> future? or is this a "death by incubation" scenario?
>
> Chris
>

> On Nov 16, 2009, at 2:37 PM, mister bean wrote:
>

>> iText is about to move the RTF functionality to an incubator and
>> deprecate
>> this functionality. Unless someone can provide the answer on this
>> list (and
>> even if they do), you might want to consider other options for RTF
>> generation.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> ---mr. bean

>> Chris von See wrote:
>>>
>>> I think I've found a problem with nesting of lists in RTF.  Running
>>> the program below with PDF output produces nested lists three levels
>>> deep with all sub-lists nested properly.  However, if you run the
>>> same
>>> code with RTF output the third level of lists does not show as being
>>> indented, although the numbering seems correct.  Is there something
>>> that needs to be done differently for RTF?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Chris
>>>
>>> Test program:
>>>
>>> import java.io.FileOutputStream;
>>> import java.io.IOException;
>>>
>>> import com.lowagie.text.Chunk;
>>> import com.lowagie.text.Document;
>>> import com.lowagie.text.DocumentException;
>>> import com.lowagie.text.List;
>>> import com.lowagie.text.ListItem;
>>> import com.lowagie.text.pdf.PdfWriter;