> Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 15:01:57 -0700
> From: rthanga...@ebay.com
> To: itext-questions@lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: [iText-questions] Specifying HTTPClient to access URL in iText
>

> Hi,
>
> I am using iText2.0.7 jar to create a PDF document.
> I am passing the imageurl to the Image.getInstance() method to get the
> Image. But i am getting the below exception
>
> "java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect"
>
> I understand this is due to the firewall setting on the image server side.
>
> Does iText provides a way to specify the Image URL as well as our own
> HTTPClient. So that i can specify proxy to establish the connection.

You want to pass it a connection of somekind?
I think the alt I've seen is to use the byte[] signature, it is very
difficult to make an API that takes a URL and gives you
complete flexibility when all you want is some unrelated widget.
I guess something that takes a connection would not be unreasonable
but at that point you may as well extract the data yourself
and pass that into the method which has been discussed here before.