I checked it again. Apparently, the margin I set is different, if different
font sizes are used.
The -2 works perfectly if the field has a font size of 12 (set in Adobe
Designer, not in iText).
Other fields have a font size of 9, in this cases, correcting the margins by
-2 moves the text up too high.

If I understood it correctly, the extra margin is set on all fields at once
so there's no way of looking at the font size of each field and setting the
extra margin accordingly.

Any other ideas?