On 22/09/2010 21:03, John Hurst wrote:
> The amount of effort put into iText by the core developers
> is surely impressive.

Thanks, it always hurts when I hear somebody yell
"let's create a fork!"
It's sounds like an insult and a complete lack of respect.
Also: why on earth would somebody do that?

He who makes it possible for companies such as Google
to let other people do the work for them for free,
condemns himself to slavery.

I'm not talking about a developer who contributes a
patch once in a while. I'm talking about somebody
who wakes up with iText and goes to bed with iText.
Each project needs such a person.

Also: if the life of v2.x.y is extended, then be
very, very careful: the package names are com.lowagie
and that's MY name. I am Bruno Lowagie, and although
there's the MPL/LGPL, I WILL DEFEND MY NAME!