Hallo,

I try to embed the java.awt.Font "Symbol" using the following code

FontFactory.registerDirectories();

com.itextpdf.text.Font fTtf = FontFactory.getFont(f.getFontName());

try {

            fTtf = FontFactory.getFont(f.getFontName(),BaseFont.IDENTITY_H,
BaseFont.EMBEDDED);

} catch (Exception e) {}

while f is the java.awt.Font "Symbol". This throws an exception. Catching
and replacing it with

fTtf = FontFactory.getFont(f.getFontName(),fTtf.getBaseFont().getEncoding(),
BaseFont.EMBEDDED);

works but the Font isn't embedded and results in greek letters.

I already searched the mail archive and found
<http://www.mail-archive.com/itext-questions@lists.sourceforge.net/msg10568.
html> [iText-questions] Cannot get glyphs rendering from the Symbol Font
into the PDF file with the advice "Use the encoding "Symbol" for the Symbol
font.". But it doesn't work also.

Thank You in advance for helping

Sigi