Hi,

the subject say it all.  I need some better understanding when there
should be a refresh and when not.

I gather IupRefresh is for re-calculating the size of objects.  (Correct?)

Thus when I change say the TITLE attribute of a IupLabel, then the label
may become larger, have a different number of lines etc. and thus there
should an IupRefresh following.  (Still correct?)

Same applies to say adding/removing elements.

So far summarized: whenever something changes and I'm not completely
sure that this does not affect size, I rather should follow up with an
IupRefresh.  ??

This policy however is not as viable as I'd like it to be.  Having to
update a simple listing of around 100 Iupcontrols became unbearable
slow.  Turns out on my machine running this simple app a single
IupRefresh takes something between 50ms and 200ms.  Has me waiting
several seconds for a stable result.  Hence I need to conserve IupRefresh's.

So which refresh operations should I keep?  Somehow the docs suggest
that any one IupRefresh on any element should be enough.  Is this
correct?  (((Asking this because my experiments suggest that it's not
enough, but this is not conclusive yet - maybe something else is wrong
with the experiment.  After all issues don't arise until there are
enough controls and activity.  So maybe my experiment is flawed.)))

Thanks

/Jörg