For information only. I am still using 3.21, apologies if this is already fixed.

I am writing something not dissimilar to IupLayoutDialog, though in my version
the hidden
IupBackgroundBox of an IupExpander is genuinely hidden, and I fixed this
problem by quietly
fetching that and dropping as a sibling.

In sample.c, add an IupExpander to the content of _frm_3, and an
IupLayoutDialog, then
drag the IupVbox out of _frm_3 into the IupVbox of _frm_2. Now, if you drag it
back to be a
sibling of the IupBackgroundBox it works fine, but IupReparent crashed if I
dragged it onto
the IupExpander itself. Personally I think that IupReparent should just quietly
refuse, but you
may prefer to add code to IupLayoutDialog (as I kinda did). I didn't
investigate any further.

Pete