Hi,
There is no problem with Alt-F1, or Alt-Home/End/Left/Right etc, but for Alt-X
and Alt-, both IUP_DEFAULT and IUP_IGNORE sound the bell.

I should perhaps say this is probably a Windows-only problem. The code I am
translating, from a win32-only gui, apparently solves the problem by
(explicitly) returning 0 to WM_SYSCHAR, and not calling DefWindowProc(), and in
fact I just changed it to (explicitly) carry on and invoke DefWindowProc() and
lo and behold the bell came right back, just like it is on IUP.  Looking at the
source code of IUP, in iupwinKeyEvent I see if (result == IUP_IGNORE) return 0;
but I'm guessing that somehow fails to avoid carrying on into a DefWindowProc()
somewhere?

Pete