Ubuntu doesn't look in /usr/local/{arch}/ by default for libraries.
So I typically change my install paths to /usr using cmake-gui.  If
you don't use cmake-gui pass:

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr
-DLIB_INSTALL_DIR=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu
-DINCLUDE_INSTALL_DIR=/usr/include ..

Be sure to change your lib install dir to match your CPU arch if not i386.

Finally, since this issue is not tizen specific, consider posting and
following the amb mailing list:

Hope that helps,
Kevron