I have never gotten the radio working despite repeated attempts and trying commands that are reported to work by others. I get no signal indication and just static for audio output. My original posts to the list about this were in Feb 2012:

http://ivtvdriver.org/pipermail/ivtv-devel/2012-February/006802.html

I see that later releases of ubuntu contain newer versions of ivtv-utils but that I have the latest (and only) version associated with Ubuntu 11.10.

Has this been fixed in later releases? Or is this such a low priority it is likely to never be addressed? Or perhaps I am doing something wrong?

My card does report the FM tuner details with the command
V4l2-ctl -T -d /dev/radio0
and reports a cx18 radio tuner

I have tried the command ivtv-radio which appears to tune the radio but give just noise and reports a signal strength of 0.

This list isn't very active. Should I be looking somewhere else for answers?